Part 19

Shawns P.O.V
I slowly open my eyes to see my baby Kyla right next to me, making me smile. She looked so peaceful when she sleeps, like an angel.
I slowly get up, so that she doesn't wake up. I want to wake her up to remind her of her appointment, but I guess I can let her get another 5 minutes in. The appointment is at 10:00 AM anyways.

I stand up and run my eyes, before taking my phone off the charger. I squinch my eyes at the brightness, it's 8:12 AM.
I guess I'll go ahead and get dressed and make her some breakfast.

I walk into the closet and search for an outfit.
I sigh and quickly switch through all the clothes.
I guess I'll wear my Stussy shirt and some joggers.
I head into the bathroom to take a shower and change.

*15 minutes later*

I come out of the steamy bathroom while towel drying my curly hair.
I glance over to the bed at Kyla, she was still peacefully sleeping.
I go back into my closet and slip on my white Adidas superstars with some nike socks.
I walk over to the bed to wake Kyla up. I hate doing this because she looks so cute sleeping(and when she's not of course). She got a nigga drooling and everything. I gently shake her arm.
Nothing.
I shake her again, a little harder this time.
Nothing.
My heartbeat accelerates a little faster.
"Kyla, baby wake up!!!" I shake her furiously.
Her eyes flutter and she looks up at me.
"Why dafuq you screaming like I can't hear you?" She groans and flips the covers off of her.
"Wha- nevermind. You got your appointment today, get dressed it's 8:20."
I shake my head and chuckle.
Her eyes light up and she grins, jumping out of the bed.
"I'm so excited, I bet it's gonna be a girl, what you think Shawnie?" She looks at me with her long eyelashes fluttering about.
"I don't know baby, maybe. It don't matter to me, I'll love them no matter what." I wrap my arm around her and kiss her cheek.
"And what's up with that nickname...Shawnie. That's what you calling me now?" I ask her with a smile.
She smiles back and kisses my chin.
"It's cute."
I chuckle.

"Go ahead and get dressed, I'll be waiting on you downstairs. Don't take too long." I tell Kyla, before standing up and making my way out of the room.

Kyla P.O.V

I smile and head to the closet.
I want to look nice today, because today is a special day for me. Today I find out what my precious baby's gender is.

I scroll through my clothes on my side of the closet.
I finally decide on this:

After I finish getting dressed, I put some curl defining gel on my curls and let my hair fall down my back

After I finish getting dressed, I put some curl defining gel on my curls and let my hair fall down my back. I apply some mascara and eyeliner, and fix up my eyebrows.
I grab my phone and black purse before heading out of the room.

I walk down the stairs to meet Shawn and the bottom.
"Oh I was just about to come get you. You ready?" Shawn smiles at me.
I smile back.
"Yeah, I'm ready. Come on."
I make my way down to the bottom of the stairs. My heart drops, because we have to tell Mrs. Momma. I look in the kitchen to see her beating some eggs.

She glances up to see me and Shawn.
"Good morning, where y'all going all dressed up nice?" Mrs. Momma looks us up and down.
"Mrs. Momma, we need to tell you something." I say to her.
Rya was sitting on the couch playing with her Barbie dolls, and Cookie was eating out of her dog bowl.
Mrs. Momma looks at us with a concerned look. "What's up?" She wipes her hands on her apron and has a seat at the dining table. Me and Shawn sit in front of her.

I glance at Shawn, who was sweating so much it looked like someone dumped a bucket of water on him, and Mrs. Momma who was waiting patiently on me to speak. I hope her reaction is happy, and not disappointed.

I finally speak up. "I'm pregnant."
Mrs. Momma looks alert.
"What do you mean baby? By who?"

I glance at Shawn, his head was down.
"By Shawn. Me and him are having a child. We're going to the hospital right now so they can tell us what the gender will be."

Mrs. Momma looked shocked. "Well, I don't know what to say... I'm speechless.."

Me and Shawn look down, ashamed. Shawn puts his hand on mines.

"CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!" Mrs. Momma bursts out before jumping up to hug both of us.
A smile spreads on both of our faces.
A tear of happiness falls down Mrs. Momma's cheek.
"Thank you, momma." Shawn says while Mrs. Momma pulls away from the hug."

"I'm really happy for you guys. This is great. I can't wait to be a grandmother. This will be a great experience for the both of you, and I'm so excited for y'all."
Mrs. Momma sits back down in her chair.

I grin and grip Shawns hand.
"Thank you, Mrs. Momma. I appreciate it very much."

She nods with a smile.

"Now, go see what that baby gone be, and come back and let me know. I'll be waiting here. I love you babies." She kisses our cheeks before standing up.
We stand up as well.
"I will, we love you too. Bye momma." Shawn gives Mrs. Momma a hug before heading to the door.
I give her a hug as well and follow behind Shawn. He opens the door for me and gets his keys.

We leave the house and head towards the clinic.
Shawn looks at me in the corner of his eye and smiles.
"Well, that went....well." He says.
I nod. "Yeah, I knew she would be there for us. She's a good person."

"What do you think it will be?" I ask Shawn again.

"Maybe a girl, if so she'll be just like her beautiful momma." He says with a smile.
I giggle.
"I think it will be a girl too."

We pull up to the clinic and get out of the car.
"Baby I'm hungry. Let's get something to eat after this." I tell Shawn while holding my stomach.
"Okay." He holds the door open for me.
I walk into the clinic full of people.
He walks behind me.
There were little kids running around and moms running after them. I chuckle to myself imagining myself in that position.

I walk up to the counter where a lady typing on a computer was sitting.
Shawn finds us a empty seat to sit in while I talk to her.
"Hello ma'am, what can I help you with?"

I'm gonna end this chapter here, thank you guys for reading, please comment your opinions.
Stay tuned for more updates. And FYI I changed Shawns picture on Part 2, so go check it out and tell me what you think.