Part 23

I was resting in the hospital bed until I heard a knock on my door.
Shawn stood at the door holding the baby and Ms. Momma was standing next to him, holding Rya's hand.

I smile seeing them all here, including my baby.
Shawn comes to hand me our baby and Ms. Momma and Rya sit next to me.
"How did it go, honey?" Ms. Momma asks me while holding my hand.
"Painful." I say in a weak voice.
She smiles."I remember when I had Shawn. It was painful too, because his forehead was poking everywhere."
Shawn shakes his head in emberassment.
I smile.
I kiss my baby's cheek.
Rya walks up to hold the baby's hand. She's resting right now.

"What should we name her yall?" I ask quietly.

Shawn looks up. "Jade."
"Poo." Rya looks at me.
"Jade is cute." Ms. Momma agrees with Shawn

I smile at Rya. "I like Jade better than poo, is that okay?"
She nods and kisses Jade's cheek.

A nurse knocks on the door and comes in the room.
"You can go now, ma'am. If you have any problems, contact us." She smiles at me and then Jade.
"Beautiful baby." She smiles before leaving the room.

I hold my baby and stand up. We all leave the clinic and Ms. Momma and Rya head home.
We were going to the store to buy some clothes, food, and diapers for the baby.

After me and Shawn got in the car, we headed to the store. All the baby had was 2 diapers, food to last for today, and a footie pajama set, and a blanket to wrap up in all provided by the hospital. So we were going to the store to get what Jade would need.

I smile at Jade's beautiful face that so much favored  Shawn. Almost everything about her reminded me of him. Her eyes, nose, skin conplexion.
Her eyes were not yet open, and she was still asleep.
I give her a kiss on the cheek and wrap her blanket around her whole body and tuck her closer to me so she will be warm.
Shawn takes another look at her and grins.
"I might have to pull my belt out to them lil nappy headed boys that's gonna be tryna  get with her when she get older."
I chuckle and shake my head.
I wonder what her eye color is going to be. Mine are light brown and Shawn's are grey, so we'll see when it's time for them to open.
Her body was so tiny and weightless like a feather.
I would never get tired of holding her, I would hold my baby 24/7.

So about how life has been the past 9 months.
I still haven't heard from my mom. Ms. Momma got fired from her job, and so now she's looking for jobs in the medical field. Shawn got into some trouble with drug dealing, and now he has a lot of money he has to owe his boss. I'm getting scared and scared for him and our child every day, but he told me not to worry about it.
I was thinking about getting 2 jobs so I can be there for Shawn, but he said no.
He has 2 jobs now, one at the airport and one at a fast food restaurant. I still work at the same place, and I have gotten 1 promotion.
Ms. Momma promised me since she doesn't have a job she can watch Jade when me and Shawn are at work.
I think Shawn is planning to propose to me soon.
And that pretty much leaves you up-to-date with my life.

We get out of the car, and I clutch Jade tighter to my chest so I don't drop her.
I think she's awake now because she's moving her hands and she stopped snoring and breathing heavily.
Shawn offers to hold her so I can get the stuff. We walk into the store and I grab a buggy at the front.
I head to the baby section, and Shawn follows me Jade in his arms.

They had a lot of stuff from snacks to the mini jars with different flavors of food.
I grabbed 10 of those, I think this will do, I'll probably order more online for cheaper.
I grab a pacifier, the baby milk solution stuff, 2 bottles, some wipes, diapers, a cute throw blanket, some baby toys you chew, baby lotion, and a small baby tub.
We walk to the cribs section, and I hold Jade so that Shawn can grab one of the heavy boxes with the parts of the crib. He puts this under the buggy and I let him hold Jade again.

We walk to the baby clothes area and then we find the newborn section.
Me and Shawn find 6 cute outfits including a dress and a few tiny socks. Shawn insisted on getting her some Jordan's do that's what we put in the buggy.
After all that shopping, it was finally time for us to check out. We get in the checkout line and go half on the stuff. After leaving the store, I hold Jade again and we get in the car. I was exhausted from walking so much, I've just wanted to stay in bed lately but I have to fight it.

We pull up at the house and Shawn gets the stuff out of the trunk while I unlock the door and walk into the house. I go to Ms. Momma room so she can watch Jade while I take a nap since Jade already took hers.

Ms. Momma was laying on her bed watching some drama TV show.
"Girl you better tell her again! Don't get it twisted!" She yells at the TV screen while pointing to one of the girls on the show.
I giggle and knock on her door.
"Come in!" She calls.
I open her door with one hand and walk into her room.
"Do you mind watching Jade, I need to take a nap right away." I come towards her bed.
She nods. "Of course honey."
She reached out her arms to hold Jade.
I give Jade a kiss on the forehead before giving her to Ms. Momma.
"I'll come get her when I wake up." I yawn.
"Take your time, honey. We'll be right here." She gestures for me to go on.
I nod and turn to leave her room. I head to Shawn's room and get into the bed. I slide under the covers, today's clothes and all. In no time at all, I'm fast asleep and snoring.

Thank you guys for reading. You guys are my encouragement and tbh I wouldn't be writing books if yall didn't comment and read my books. So thank you for hanging in there.
Stay tuned for more updates and chapters.
Peace! ♡ xoxoxo