Chapter 2 : Meeting the Elric brothers

Start from the beginning

-I'm glad to meet you. My brother always talk about you so much!

-Oh really? I'm really not exceptional you know...

-Well, he doesn't feel the same!

We laughed a little before she left the office to go back to her work. I stood up from the couch and headed toward the desk, sitting slightly on it and smiling scarily at my brother.

-What?

-So she doesn't know about me but I know everything about her. Are you ashamed of me?

-No! No, of course... But if I told the entire army what you've done, I think you'd be in jail!

I sighed, not answering to this because I thought it was smarter. Of course, I perfectly knew that human transmutation was forbidden by the government, that my brother did everything he could to protect me, using his power as a state alchemist. I wasn't one myself, and for now I didn't plan on becoming one, but I had to admit it gave a lot of privileges and rights normal alchemists did not have ; Central library for example. That was why I had to convince my brother to usually go to that famous library to pick me some books, my teacher's one not being enough for my curious brain. He would sigh and roll his eyes each time I asked him, but would do it anyway. I loved my brother, even if he often reminded me my mistake...
Suddenly, someone slammed the door open and burst in the office. He - because he was obviously a boy - wasn't very tall (that was the first detail I noticed) and had a flashy red coat (honestly not really my style...). His blonde hair was tied into a braid and his golden eyes stared at my brother, though it was more like a glare. I leaned my back on the couch and watched, my arms resting behind my head as I looked at the scene. A huge armor burst in the office and bent to apologize a little.
Few minutes later, I finally recognized the guy. The Fullmetal alchemist, the youngest state alchemist ever! I never understood how he got his title until I made my mistake (let's call it like this...). According to my theory, he also transmuted a dead one, but I kept my mouth quiet while they were debating about the next mission. When the small alchemist accepted it, his look fell on me, who appreciated to be finally noticed.

-Who? he simply asked my brother.

That made me slightly angry. He could consider me a little better after all! I surely wasn't as high as him, I mean not a state alchemist or nothing, but we seemed to have the same age!

-My lil sis! Edward, Karen ; Karen, Edward! he introduced us pointing us.

I stood up from the couch, slightly excited, and held my hand out. After all, I've always admired the Fullmetal alchemist himself! He grabbed it with his right hand and shook it.

-I'm glad to meet you sir! Or should I call you Edward...? Ah I don't know we are as old...

-Edward is fine with me. Karen that's right? Are you an alchemist?

He didn't let my hand go and seemed to squeeze it a little bit more. I replied the same way, checking out my theory.

-Yes! I practice air alchemy!

-What do you know about biological alchemy?

-Oh nothing much, my teacher wasn't really found of that... I lied.

He wanted to test me or already knew something. It was obvious! But, I thought it was my turn to attack.

-Um.. Aren't you a little bit hot with your coat and your gloves? I asked him tilting my head innocently.

Bad mistake from my person, he smirked slightly. I could feel the armor behind me stiffening in embarrassment.

-I could ask you the same! Coat, gloves...

We were now nearly crushing our hands. I was glad my automail was solid...

-I got a cold last day, my brother thinks it's better for me to be covered!

Even if he didn't seem to believe a word of that, he finally let go of my hand to look at me suspiciously. I put my hands on my hips and gave him a teasing look.

-I'd really like to test the experience of a oh so famous state alchemist! I exclaimed, even if you're small, I'm sure I would have difficulties to defeat you!

His look turned into a glare as he crossed his arms and stood in front of my, bravely.

-You searched it? You just found it! Tomorrow at ten in the morning, I'll beat you in front of the headquarters, while hundreds of militaries watch! I'll make sure to humiliate you!

I smiled a little, sure I would have to support that anyway.

-Fine, I accept your request.

//hey guys! New chapter here hehe!! Hope you will like it!! You might have noticed it but Karen is kind of... proud XD she's not perfect and that's why we love her! (Or not??) anyway, see ya next time!!