Harry shook his head. "Not a clue."

"Quiet," said Hermione. "Here comes Lindsay."

"Morning all," said Lindsay cheerily, her hair still damp from a shower. She sat down next to George. Her eyes moved from one face to the next. "I have the feeling I've interrupted something."

"Not at all," said Ginny quickly. "We were just answering a questionnaire in Witch Weekly. Want to have a go?"

"Sure."

"What's the most important trait a wizard can have--?"

"Loyalty," answered Lindsay.

"Um, that's not on the list," said Ginny.

"What I like never is. Okay, give me the list then."

"A) a charming personality; B) a handsome smile; C) an athletic build; and D) a good sense of humor."

"We've got all those covered, don't we, George?"

"Easily, Fred."

"Out of those, I guess I'd have to pick 'D'," answered Lindsay.

"Good answer," said George. "What do you fancy in a bloke, Fred?"

"I'd have to say...lovely green eyes, like Harry's. How 'bout you, George?"

"I'd say charmingly messy black hair, like Harry's."

"Oh, and don't forget about amazing flying skills, like Harry's," added Fred.

"So manly," said George with a sigh. "Don't you agree, Harry?"

Ginny's face burned red and she looked away from Harry who was too busy laughing at the twins to notice.

"Oh, by the way," said Fred to Lindsay. "You wouldn't happen to know a five-letter word for 'love' that begins with the letter 'S', would you?"

"I'm not sure, Fred. This 'S' word wouldn't happen to have long black hair and a surly disposition, would it?" The twins laughed and Ron looked confused. Harry had finally caught on and was beginning to look a little green.

"What is everyone laughing about?"

"Trust me on this, Ron. You don't want to know," replied Harry.

Ginny flipped through a few pages of her magazine and held it upright for Lindsay to see. "Isn't he gorgeous?"

"Beauty is ugliness; ugliness is beautiful," answered Lindsay.

"You've been spending too much time with Dumbledore," said Harry.

###

Professor Moody was the DADA teacher this year, but he wasn't one of Lindsay's instructors. Dumbledore, who now insisted that Lindsay call him Albus, took over where Remus had left off. Lindsay was grateful for the arrangement. Moody made her nervous for reasons she couldn't identify. It certainly wasn't his scarring that bothered her. Lindsay's medical training had brought her into contact with severely injured and heavily scarred patients. The sights didn't sicken her, but she had pity for their suffering. Moody's gruff manner didn't frighten her either, but there was something about him she didn't like and that made her feel both uneasy and guilty.

Her first lesson with Albus was in his office. She brought her violin just in case he asked her to play. Albus rose when Lindsay entered the room, just as he always did, and greeted her warmly. He wore light-blue robes with a soft yellow and silver brocade; a subtle ensemble for Albus' tastes.

"Oh, what a lovely shade of blue," remarked Lindsay.

"I wore it for you; I remembered that light blue was your favorite color," beamed Albus.