Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Having Thad back on my side was comforting and a relief. He thought of the perfect plan for the Christmas Party.

Every Dalton student could bring a plus one. Whether it be a date or family. We were also opening this to Crawford, our sister school. We're having it in Dalton's large ballroom. Its official and everything. Thad had talked to the Dean and I had written a letter to the School board of Crawford.

But one there is one thing for arranging the official stuff, and another to actually make it a party. There are the decorations, the programs, food, and a lot of other technical stuff. And here, we called for back up.

Thad and I head a Warbler meeting. And most of them were smiling at us.

"Finally," Clark exclaimed as soon as he saw Thad and I talking. "I thought you two were never going to get along again. I was about to stuff you both in the utility closet."

"Clark, we're not a couple." Thad pointed out.

"Yeah, but I was also looking for a bit of revenge." Clark said looking at me pointedly. I raised my hands up in surrender.

"I was innocent, it was all Iris' idea."

"Yeah, and yet you were the one who stuffed me in that closet with Jonny." Clark said with a pout. "I trusted you!"

"Hey, at least you guys made up afterwards." I said then whispered to Thad. "Or else they'd still be there."

Thad chuckled under his breath.

"I heard that." Clark remarked. "Either way, what's happening?"

I did a head count then we started the meeting.

"So, as you know we are out of competition." Thad said. The Warblers sighed in relief as the guilt had been lifted off their shoulders.

"But," I added. "It doesn't mean that we are idle. The Dean wanted us to host the first ever Dalton Christmas Party."

The Warblers started to chatter excitedly.

"When is this going to be?

"Where is this taking place?"

"Are there going to be programs?"

"Can I bring my girlfriend?"

"Is this Dalton exclusive?"

"Alright guys settle down." Thad said calling everyone's attention. "It's going to be the night after the last exam for the semester, we're doing it here. This is exclusive, to Dalton and Crawford. But we have invited our friends from the New Directions."

"The thing is, this is a really big event." I said. "Decorating, the Program..."

"We'd be happy to help." Trent piped up. "Rumor has it that you've been reinstated as the captain."

"Yeah?"

"Well," Nick said. "If you are assigned as captain, that just means that teachers and administrators tell you what they want the Warblers to do. So this party isn't just hosted by you. And what kind of party throwers would we be if we let you do all the work."

"When is this going to take place again?"

"Uh." I looked at my watch for the date. "Around two weeks."

"Why did you just tell us now!" Jeff exclaimed. "Let's get started!"

~()~

I fixed another part of the ceiling decorations that just wouldn't cling properly.