Chapter 2

After a lot of protests, I managed to convince my cousin to head back home.

I can't help think of what Wes and Jasmine had said. Would it be better I go went to a different school? I mean bullying was bad. But it wasn't that bad. At least I don't think it is.

"Hey Barry?"

"Yes Stacy?"

"Why did bad kids hurt you?"

I froze. "Where did you hear that?"

"Jamie asked Jasmine about you arm and said that you said bad kids hurt you. " she asked rather affronted. "Why didn't you tell me?"

We stopped waking and I knelt down so I was looking at her eye to eye. I placed my hand on her shoulder.

"Listen, Stace. I don't want them to hurt you. These guys they are big bullies. And they are mean. If you got hurt because of me... Well I can't let them hurt my favorite girl. Right? "

"Yeah," she said "But I can take care of myself, I am a big girl now."

"Yes, you are" I reassured her. "But I am still like big brother, right? "

"Of course"

"Then it is my job to keep you safe." I said. "Come on. It's time to head home. It's lunch time and after you need to have a nap."

"But I don't want to take a nap."

"But if you don't take a nap, we won't be able to go to the park with Jamie and her sister later." I reminded her. "Remember what your dad said?"

"Yeah" she groaned but either way held my hand as we headed back to Uncle Alan's house.

After making sure that Stacy was fast asleep, I headed towards my room and started up my laptop. I had promised Iris that I would chat with her as often as I could.

I signed into Facebook and started scrolling through my feed as I waited for Iris to sign in. Nothing much interesting happens in Facebook anyways. Just the usual pictures and reposts. But one post caught my attention.

Jonny Lopez: I'm tired of this! I hope you all are happy!

This can't be good. I clicked on his name and saw his profile. I was immediately greeted with obscene post from some of the same bullies that broke my arm and tormented me for years.

"What the..."

Stay in the Closet, F*ggot

"Oh, no..."

I immediately took out my phone and scrolled to Iris' number. She picked up the phone after the fourth ring.

"Barry?"

"Iris!" I said panicked. "What happened to Jonny?"

"Jonny?" she asked. "Jonny who?"

"Jonny Lopez." I exclaimed. "My lab partner, sharp as a whip, but very sensitive."

"Barry, why are you shouting?"

"Are you online?" I asked.

"Yeah..."

"Check his Facebook. And please call your dad check his house. I think there's something wrong."

"Okay," Iris said reassuringly. "Calm down. Look, ill call my dad, I'll text you what happens. But calm down, everything is going to be fine."

"Okay."