Chapter 25

"Can you believe it's been a year already?"

"I can't believe I survived the year without any broken bones or bruises." I admitted. I was packing the last of my clothes in the dorm room. The Warblers were due to come get Thad and I for an outing before summer starts since some of the other kids lived abroad.

"But you did faint on us." Thad pointed out.

"That is totally different."

"Still counts, Bas." Thad said.

There was a knock on the door but our friends just barged into the room like it was their own.

"Hey guys!" Nick exclaimed a bit too happy. "Are we going to the amusement park or not!"

"How do you have that much energy?" I asked. "I know you're excited for this trip everyone is but seriously. This is just ridiculous."

"That would be because of the dare." Trent said. "Jeff dared him to drink five cups of coffee."

"And I dared him to go skinny dipping into the Dalton pool last night!" Nick said ecstatic. "And he lasted for twenty minutes in the cold water!"

"It was a dare!" Jeff claimed. "I could still feel cold. I wore five pairs of socks to bed last night."

"And how are you both not in the health center?" I asked. "That could've cause Jeff hypothermia. Not to mention that he went in naked and you do know too much coffee not only keeps you up for way too long but the calcium in your bones get drained and..."

"Okay, Bas." Thad interrupted placing a hand over my mouth "You're worried."

"Aww, we didn't know you cared so much!" Nick exclaimed and both he and Jeff wrapped their arms around me as soon as Thad let go. The both of them were much larger than me muscle wise and they were much heavier than me. So I was basically squashed in a Niff sandwich.

"Get off!"I squirmed as they pinned my arms to my side.

"No!" they whined and I was squash between the two boys.

"Help!" I gasped. "These guys are going to crush my ribs!"

"Alright guys," Thad said. "We're going to be late."

"Okay." Nick said. He and Jeff released me from their hug of death but both had an arm around my shoulder. "This is going to be great! The Annual Warbler Outing."

~()~

I was home at Central City for the summer. While Stacy and my adoptive dad goes to Paris to meet and greet some relatives. I was invited to come with. But I was a bit home sick. Ten months in a dorm room I miss not having a roommate. And my space consuming experiments.

I was looking through some old news paper clippings I gathered from when I was still a kid. I can't forget the yellow blur. I don't think that that I am the only one who experienced something like this.

So far, all I have was the disappearance of the Queen's gambit. The Queens were a very wealthy family on Starling City. And the model of boat they used are known to withstand even the strongest of typhoons.

There was a knock on the door and I shoved the clippings into my folder.

"Barry?" Joe opened the door.

"Hey, Joe." I said. "What's up?"

"Well, Iris is in her date." Joe said. "And I just got called into the precinct. And some of the other guys were asking about you. You know after the whole broken arm, then Jonny thing. I wonder if you want to come."