Chapter 18

I think I had a little change of mood or at least that was my sister's observation.

"Bazzy. Are you okay?" she asked with those big green eyes.

"Yeah." I said confused on why she was asking. "Why?"

She shrugged. "You seem upset." She sat down next to me on my bed. "And you have these really big bags under your eyes."

I gave her a weak smile. "I'm just tired."

"Why don't you go to sleep?" she asked

"It's not that simple Stacy." I turned to my sister who was looking at me concerned. "You see I had a fight with the Warblers.

"Those boys that came here at summer?" Stacy asked. "But they promised me that they won't hurt you like those other kids."

"It's not all their fault, Stacy."

"I don't understand."

I paused on thinking how to describe it. "Let's just say that there was this other boy that I didn't like. We had a fight and they didn't like the way I reacted to the fight."

"Was it bad?"

"Yeah." I said. "It was bad."

"But if they're really your friends they won't treat you that badly." Stacy said. "They should be better than that."

I smiled at the innocence of my sister. "Well, sometimes people just need space. It will get better. But for now. I think it's better if I stay away from them for a while."

My sister saw right through that lie.

"But it's making you upset."

"I'll be fine Stacy." I said. "I have you."

"Yes, you do." Stacy said climbing on my lap and wrapping her arms around my torso. I wrapped my arms around my little sister's small frame and she rested her face against my chest. "I'm not going to leave you like those mean people."

I kissed the top of her head. "I know."

~()~

The Warblers steered clear of me after the whole Black and White debacle and I stayed away from them as much as I could. But the inevitable was to come. Warbler Practice.

I was there before any of the other Warblers were. And most hesitantly came into the room. I didn't mind. At this point I was only doing this for my obligation as a Captain.

"Alright, let's not beat around the bush." I said getting the attention of the Warblers. "I know that you all don't like me, and frankly, I don't care. We have Regionals to worry about. And I would not let something as stupid and shallow as some petty argument get in between us and that trophy. Understood."

"What if we want a change of leadership." One of the bolder freshmen asked.

"Then you are welcome to step up." I snapped. "I'd gladly leave if that's what you all want."

"Come on, Sebastian. Don't do anything rash." Thad said standing up. "We all just had a little misunderstanding. What we need to do now is to concentrate on Regionals. Nick and Jeff are already assigned to help come up with choreography. All we need to do now is to clear up our set list. "

"I did like the idea of using boybands." Nick said. "Let's just steer clear of MJ to prevent some arguments."

"The Wanted, One Direction," Jeff started to list. "Isn't that song from Lilo and Stitch also from a boyband?"