Chapter 7

The return to Westerville was rather welcoming I guess. We got to the Lima airport at around nine in the evening. And we got back to Smythe home at around midnight.

Thad was already by the front door the next morning.

"Sebastian!" Thad greeted

"Thad" I said still rather groggy. "What, pray tell, are you doing here this early in the morning!"

"My new best friend is coming to Dalton after one month in Paris." Thad said. "You might forget how we regular teenagers do in high school."

"Aww, don't tell me that you missed me that much, Thad."

"Wow, Sassy Sebastian." Thad commented. "Sexy."

"Don't tell me, you are going to hit on me too." I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Wow. I am liking this new Barry, Sebastian." Thad complemented. "You could pass off as gay."

"Still straight, Thad."

"I know." He smiled then the smaller boy grabbed me in a hug. "Just messing with you."

"Where's Wes?" I asked. "I thought Wes would be here camping with you waiting for my return."

"Wes was going to." Thad said. "He stayed up late last night, packing for college."

"That's nice." I said. "When is he leaving though. I thought I had like a few weeks more with you guys before we have to get to Dalton."

"He's leaving next week I think." Thad said. "He's meeting with me later at Lima Bean. Later afternoon."

"Awesome."

"THAD!" Stacy exclaimed running down the steps and launching herself to Thad's arms.

"Hey there princess!" Thad said "How was Paris?"

"It was great! Mom's house in Paris was so pretty ...

~()~

Thad and I were already seated when Wes got to Lima Bean.

"Hey guys!" Wes greeted "How was Paris?"

"It was great!" I said. "I met two really good friends. Well, let's just say that I am not taking shit from anyone anymore."

"It's great seeing you out of your shell." Wes said. "Just be careful though, too much confidence might cause you to lose touch with yourself."

"I will." I said. "I'm actually thinking of joining clubs in Dalton. Any suggestions?"

"How's your singing?" Wes asked

"I'm fine. I guess." I said honestly. "I am terrible on my feet though."

Thad chuckled. "Why don't you try out for the Warblers? It's not like we do much dancing anyways."

"You have a club about birds?" I asked raising an eyebrow

"The Warblers is Dalton Academy's Show Choir." Wes explained. "Just a group of brothers singing show tunes entertaining students. And performing on stage."

"Okay, noted." I said. "Although I am not sure I'd get in. What else?"

"There are Academic clubs" Wes said. "Sports teams."

"Lacrosse?"

"Yeah" Thad said. "We have a lacrosse team. There are some Warblers who joined the Lacrosse team."

"Shot. Sorry guys I have to go." Wes exclaimed as he saw the time. "Jasmine and I have a date tonight and..."

"We don't need the details."