Chapter 35

Chapter 35

I drove to Marley's house the day of the dance. I couldn't help fiddle with my cast. I wore a suit without a tie. Clark has been helping me tie my tie for my uniform. It's kind of embarrassing having Marley help me with the Tie if it becomes a bit irritating. And the cast isn't really helping.

I brought my rose and I knocked on the front door. Marley's mom answered the door and a gave her a big nervous smile.

"Hi, Ms. Rose." I greeted. "Is Marley ready?"

"Just about." Ms. Rose said "Come on in."

She led me into their home. It was a modest home but it felt very homey. She brought me to the living room when Marley appeared by the doorway.

"Hi." She said shyly.

"Hey." I said giving her a wide smile. "You look great!"

"Is that for me?" she asked surprised

I handed her the rose. "A rose for the beautiful Marley Rose."

She giggled under her breath and sniffed the rose in delight. "Thanks."

She saw the cast on my left hand and her eyes widened. "What happened to your hand."

"It's a long story." I said. "One I will tell you later, I may have a reputation of being late..."

"That is an understatement." She teased.

"Yes, well I do not plan on being late this time." I offered her my arm. "Shall we."

She accepted my arm and we said goodbye to Marley's mom. I opened the door for her in the passenger seat before heading to the driver side and started the car.

"Should you even be driving with that hand?"

"Well, since it's my left hand, the nurse said it was fine." I said. "So, let's get this show on the road."

I drove us to McKinley. And I have to say the dance décor was amazing. There were snowflakes and white trees around the whole gym.

"Tina really out did herself." Marley said staring at the décor as well. "This looks great."

"Well, Sadie Hawkins Dances are sometimes called Snowball dances." I mentioned. "It does seem appropriate seeing how close it is to Christmas."

A kid with a camera suddenly appeared in front of us. "Smile."

I wrapped an arm around Marley's waist and we smiled at the camera.

"This is great!" Marley exclaimed over the music. "Thank you so much for agreeing to come with me."

"Anything for my girl right."

She blushed. "So, when are you going to tell me how you broke your hand."

"That is a story for after the Dance." I said. "For now it's all about having some fun."

~()~

I was dancing with Marley when I received a call from Nick.

"Hold on." I said planting a kiss on her cheek "I need to take this."

"Hurry back."

I left the gym and answered the phone. "Nick?"

"Are you in McKinley."

"Yeah, it's their Sadie Hawkins dance today."

"Trent went there earlier." Nick said. "I think he's meeting with Blaine to testify."