Chapter # 24 "Dear Diary Keep My Secret"

Start from the beginning

You think I am mad na? Yup thats me. I am mad I am really a mad girl. I was before he came into my life.

I was a very care free girl. A naughty kind of girl. A girl that only knows about the bright side of life the colorful life. But then that day came into my life. The day I met Hussain 10 years back for the last time.

I was happy and not so reserved kind of girl. Don't know why but in my heart I ever felt a soft corner for Hussain. When ever he use to visit our place I use to sit in my room's window and just gawk at him whole time. I never tried to came in front of him and not even tried to talk to him because of the shy nature of me.

Its not that I was a very talkative girl yes I use to stay reserved but only with strangers. But this stranger named Hussain Asif was something else. He was may be 24 or 25 years old that time and I was only 13 years old. Shery bhai and Hussain were in New York that time for some business deal thats why they use to visit our place more often in that complete year.

I use to talk with shery bhai when ever he came alone otherwise I locked my self in the room and use to gawk at him the whole time he stays. Mom Dad use to take evening tea in the lawn thats why it was easy for me. I never knew why I like to see him.

Mujhe kabhi nahi pata laga kay mai aisa kiyun kerti hoon.

I stay still for hours when ever he came and kept on gawking his face, his every movement and his every feature.

Mujhe hifz tha un ka eik eik naksh. Un ki aankhein, un k gaal, un ki darhi, in k honth, un k haathon ki harkaat, unki awaz, un ka chalna, un ka bolna or sub say zaida achi to un ki hasi thi. Jub jub unho nay hans ker koi baat ki hai mujhe aisa laga kay mere dil ko kuch hua hai.

I felt my heart skips a beat every time he smiles or when he laughs it makes difficult for me to breathe calmly. I never knew that feel was love.

I use to came in front of me and never greeted him to which I got the title of "kitni bad tameez larki hai yeh." I use to talk corrections argue with him. We never talked smoothly but we ever had arguement when ever we talked and I end up locking myself in my room and again sitting in the window.

Mom use to say "yeh kiya tum Hussai  Hussain kerti rehti ho? Bhai bulaya kero bohat bara hai Hussain tum say." I completely dis agree with her. Why should I call him bhai. Did my mom gave birth to him? No so why should I call him bhai.

He use to visit our place every weekend and I kept on waiting for him and for the weekend so badly but whenever he came we had an arguement due to mom. She ever told me " beta mehmaanon kay saath aisy nahi kerty aa ker salaam kerty hein." So I tried to be nice and came to greet them both.

I greet shery bhai saying " Salaam shery bhai" he smiled and nodded his head in reply so do I smiled back. Turning towards Hussain I felty heart jumped in my throat as he was starring me. I blinked my eyes to get back to normal but he kept on starring me and I felt sudden confusion building up in me.

I felt my heart shaking inside so as my hands and legs were. I tried to speak but couldn't help myself  as his stares were not helping me at all. "Salaam Hussain.." Spitting it out with my trembling tongue I was done greeting him for the first time ever but what he did next was enough to bestified me.

"Tumhyn to salaam bhi nahi kerna ata bad tameez larki asy kerty hein salaam?" I just glanced at him blankly at my insult. Thankfully mom is not near. Warna woh bhi mujhe he sunati kay bara hai bhai bola kero izzat diya kero etc.

I admit he is elder but there is not only the way to respect elder is to call him bhai. I do respect him but in another way. I came back in my room locking the door behind me. I respect him I truly respect him but The way no one knew even I never knew it before he left me forever.