christmas baby

"Surprise! Happy birthday!"

Everyone yelled when Kayson walked through the door. Kayson smiled and looked around. He saw his aunt Tara, Jade, Caroline, Julie, but no Niko. Kayson took notice of the look on Jade's face and looked to his aunt. She shrugged so he looked at his mom.

"Problems." He nodded and set his keys in the bowl. Everyone pushed him to the kitchen, through the streamers Finnegan put up, and to the cupcakes Jade frosted perfectly.

About half an hour in, Finnegan opens the door. "Hi Kay's friend." Niko smiled and then sneezed. Being outside made his sneezing worse.

"Can you get Jade please?" Nikki asked all stuffed up, sounding sick. Finnegan disappeared and came back pulling Jade. "Kay's friends needs you Jade."

Jade looks and see Niko. "Can I explain?" Niko sneezed again.

She stepped outside and told Finnegan to tell her mom what was happening.

Niko sneezed and this time someone yelled "god bless you to whoever sneezed!"

"Thanks." Niko said distractedly. "Jade, this is the reason I didn't want —" sneeze. "Want to come. I would sneeze all of the time." Sneeze.

Niko sniffed and looked at Jade. He played with his new lip ring and stepped back. He felt another sneeze coming on.

Jade opened her mouth but Niko hurriedly said "wait wait wait." And sneezed three times. "Ok, continue."

Jade stumbled for words and came up empty. "I'm sorry Niko. I'm not mad, just go home. You should be inside and not outside where you keep sneezing."

Niko nods solemnly and turns around and starts walking home. "Hey, tell Kayson I said happy birthday!" Niko yells and finishes going home.

Jade walks back in and goes to the kitchen. "Niko says happy birthday." Kayson looks up and sees Jade with a red face.

"Where is he? I noticed he wasn't here when I walked in." Kayson bit into his cupcake.

Jade sighed and sat at a stool at the island where Kayson was standing. "He's sick. Sneezing constantly, and he said he didn't want anyone to get sick from him."

Kayson pouted and Jade suddenly perked up.

"Kayson, are you and Niko dating yet?"

Kayson looked up quickly and flushed red from embarrassment. "Um, I'm not sure."

"So are you guys just people who like each other?"

"And kiss." He adds. "But yes." Kayson nodded and threw his cupcake wrapper in the trash.

"When are you going to ask him out?" Jade was antsy and wanted them together so they stop eyeballing each other subtly.

Kayson said "I don't know. What if —"

Jade interrupts and says "Kay, just go ask him after this is all done."

Jade walked away from a confused Kayson and to a comfy couch where she texted a sick Niko.

**********

Because this deals with holidays, and today is a holiday, why not update?? I'm also trying to get all of my books finished. I'm so freaking close to being done with them that I want them completed.

It's also a goal to get a book completed. Idk why, I just want to have the satisfaction of clicking the completed button and being happy.

Happy fourth of July!! 🎆🎉🇺🇸

I got an idea, comment where your from please.

I'm just curious, I'm not a stalker. I pinky promise.

I'm from PA