mother's day

"Happy mother's day!"

Kayson had a plate of blueberry pancakes and a pile of bacon to the crisp. Just the way his mom liked it.

"Thanks Kayson. You're the best." Sara hugged Kayson and kissed his cheek. "Where's Finn?"

"Sleeping." Kayson didn't want to wake his brother up at nine in the morning. He had to be woken up around ten to not be a grumpy butt.

Sara ate her breakfast and Kayson left to text Jade about the lunch he planned.

Did you find a way to get aunt Tara to Outback?

Yea, said I wanted to eat there for lunch and she said we could whenever I wanted to leave. What time should I have her there?

One. I'll my mom the same thing. Thanks for doing this Jade. Do you know where Niko's favorite store is to go?

Kayson found the gold egg in his collection just last week. No one could find it on Easter, so they just said whenever they found it, the person would get the gift then.

Awkward... But I think it's Hot Topic. He gets his lip rings there.

Thanks Jade. He had the egg, that's why I'm asking.

Kayson got the gold egg and went to his mom's room.

"Hey momma, I found the gold egg, and I know who had it."

"Who?"

"Niko. Can I get the gift card for Hot Topic?" Kayson said twisting the egg with his fingers.

His mom nodded and got up from the bed.

"Here, give this to him." She said handing him a bunch of five and tens. You could tell it was from a bunch of people pitching in for the fifty dollars.

Kayson grabbed the money and waited for it to be around one o'clock.

"Finn, go get momma and bring her down here please. Thanks." Kayson said to Finnegan around twelve forty.

Finn ran up the steps and then back down with their mom in tow.

"What are you doing Kayson?" His mom asked and Kayson ignored her. He just led her to his car and put Finnegan in the back seat.

He drove to Outback and saw Jade standing outside. He parked the car and got out along with Sara and Finnegan.

Kayson made sure he had the fifty dollars and the card to Hot Topic, which he got to spend some time before he had to leave.

"Happy Mother's day aunt Sara!" Jade said hugging Sara.

Sara laughed and hugged her back, and then looked up and saw Tara behind Jade and Caroline.

"Surprise!" Caroline said.

Kayson gave Jade the fifty dollars and the gift card. "Give this Niko. He had the egg."

Jade nodded and slid it in her pocket, and walked inside to start the lunch they had planned.