valentine's day

Kayson was in a good mood and had gotten chocolate for his mom.

He had gone out and bought three bouquets of roses. He was planning on giving any woman a flower for Valentine's day.

"Happy Valentine's day! Have a rose." Kayson handed a lady a rose. She accepted it and smiled at Kayson.

The next lady was a woman with three rowdy kids.

"Happy Valentine's day! Have a rose." He gave her the rose and she thanked him quickly before yelling at the kids.

"Hey guys, it's Valentine's day, give your mom some relieve. She looks stressed right now. Cooperate for her today." Kayson said at the kids' heights.

The three kids quieted down significantly and the mom sent a thanking look Kayson's way.

He did that throughout the day. Giving random women a rose and helping them out.

He was heading home when he pulled into a Walmart. He was going to get his mom flowers and a teddy bear.

Kayson went to a register and the girl scanning his items smiled.

"Who's the lucky girl?"

"No one. Just giving my mom the love she needs since my dad isn't here. Thanks!" Kayson gave the exact amount of money to the girl and took his bags.

He headed home and walked in his house.

"Happy Valentine's day!"

He found his mom watching soap operas in the living room.

"Here momma. Happy Valentine's day. I'm off to aunt Tara's. I'll be back soon."

Kayson headed to his aunt's with three roses and a card.

He knocked and saw the boy at the beach house open the door.

"Oh, hi Kayson."

"Hi Niko. Is my aunt Tara home?"

Niko nodded and directed Kayson to his aunt.

"Happy Valentine's day aunt Tara."

Tara turned around and saw her nephew with three roses and looking all snazzy.

"Thanks Kay, Jade! This is what you should be doing!" Tara yelled when she found out her daughter didn't give her boyfriend anything for Valentine's day yet.

"He is supposed to give me presents. Not the other way around mom! Just because Kay is a suck up doesn't mean I have to be like him!"

Kayson let the remark slide and said, "screw the stereotypes Jade! Surprise him with something nice. Just don't get pregnant! I don't think your mom wants to be a grandmother yet! Bye aunt Tara."

Niko watched Kayson give his aunt the flowers and card in a loving way. Niko felt a certain sadness because his mother couldn't see the flowers he'd get her every year.

"Bye Jade and Tara! And Kayson." Niko said Kayson's name quieter and walked out of the house and started walking home.