easter

"Hey." Kayson says when he sits next to Niko.

Niko looks over and see Kayson staring at him.

Kayson was wearing a tan long sleeve that he scrunched up to his elbows when he sat down next to Niko. He had black jeans on, and some Chuck Taylors on.

"Hi. Why are you over here?"

Kayson shrugs. "Just wanted to talk you. How've you been?"

Niko does the so-so gesture. "Want to join the older kids in the annual Easter egg hunt later?"

Niko chuckles and says, "I don't care. I'm not really related, so it'd be a bit awkward for me to."

Kayson nods and slides his shoes off to sit criss cross on the couch. "Can I ask you a question Niko?"

Niko nods and waits for the question.

"How come you've been to all the holidays we've thrown a party for?"

Kayson didn't mean it any mean way what so ever.

"Jade keeps dragging me to them saying "she can't suffer through them without her best friend"." Niko tells the truth and he hears someone say something about an egg hunt.

"Kayson! Can you hide mine?" Kayson brother Finnegan, asks him running up to him and sitting on his lap.

"Sure. Say hi to my friend, Niko. He's also Jade's friend." Kayson points to Niko and Finnegan waves.

"Come on Kayson." Finnegan starts pulling at Kayson's hand trying to get him up.

"Well I gotta go. You're joining the older kids' egg hunt Niko. You'll have fun, and get candy. See you then." Kayson smiled and got up to hide his brother's eggs.

When Kayson was hiding his brother's eggs, Niko just sat there as everyone left the room and went outside.

"I'll be back, I forgot something inside." Niko hears Kayson say and watches as Kayson looks around the room and then sees Niko.

"Come on Niko. Adult egg hunt starts soon." Niko rolled his eyes and got up with a tiny smile on his face.

"Why am I attending an egg hunt when I'm 18?"

"I'm 19 and I'm doing it. No ones too old for a good old innocent egg hunt Niko." Kayson says bumping his shoulder against Niko's.

Niko nodded and followed Kayson to where he was heading.

"Ok, I got what I needed. Let's start."

Sara's eyes linger on Niko who was standing close to Kayson. She explained what was go happen, and whoever found the golden egg got fifty dollars, and a gift card to wherever they wanted it to.

Once Sara said go, Kayson, Jade, Niko, Caroline, and other kid in the age range of 15-20 went to find the eggs.

Niko was just walking around picking up eggs randomly, when he saw one up in a tree. He couldn't reach it, so he started climbing the tree.

After seeing the view, he sat on a branch.

"O, Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?" Niko heard and laughed at Kayson theatrics.

Niko started climbing down the tree with a gold egg on his hand. "Here." Niko handed it to Kayson and just looked at the colorful eggs in his hand.

"No, you are the one who found it. You won it fair and square." Kayson pushed it back into Niko's hand.

Niko looked at it and just nodded. "Come on, everyone else is some and waiting for us."

Kayson walked in front of Niko, so Niko slid the gold egg in his basket. While walking, Niko's dad texted him saying he was heading over soon to pick him up.

The drive was only a five minute drive, so Niko headed to the front door saying goodbye to Jade on the way.

************

So like in Broken, this is in honor of me being on a good mood and feeling super nice.

I have a question though,

Did you read, st patty's day and birthday bash? Or is my phone just not working?

But if you did, thanks!!

Bye now!! I'll still update tomorrow, I just felt like updating all of my books. Sorry if I blew up your notifications.