easter

Kayson believed no one was too old for Easter. There was candy in the eggs, and sometimes money.

Thankfully Kayson has a younger brother, so he can be included in the Easter egg hunt his mom held for the family.

"Kayson, you are nineteen years old, you're too old for Easter egg hunts." His mom said shaking her head when she found Kayson writing "K" on some plastic eggs.

Kayson shook his head and sat criss cross. "No momma I'm not. No one is "too old" for Easter egg hunts. That's like saying you're too old to celebrate your birthday. Anyways, I'll have someone hide mine really hard. I can have Jade hide mine. Or even aunt Tara can hide mine."

She just shook her head and filled the eggs with jellybeans, coins, m&m's, or skittles.

Tara was the first to show up with Jade, Caroline, her younger sister, and someone Kayson didn't know, but recognized.

"Hey Sara and Kayson. Where do you want the deviled eggs?" Tara asked holding a big egg holder full of dyed deviled eggs.

Sara, Kayson's mom, pointed to the fridge and told Kayson to help Tara.

"Hi aunt Tara. Who's the other girl with Jade and Caroline?"

"That's Caroline's friend Julie. Thanks for the help giant." Tara poked fun at Kayson's height.

Kayson was 6 feet 2 inches. He liked how tall he was; he could help anyone who was short.

Kayson went to his room and sat at his bay window and looked out as his relatives came to his mom's house for Easter dinner and the annual Easter egg hunt.

He sees a car drive up that he doesn't notice. Kayson sees Niko step out and then stick his head through the window to say something.

Niko was wearing a white American Eagle sweatshirt and some jeans.

Kayson went downstairs and saw his home packed full of relatives who were here to celebrate Easter.

"Hey Kayson." He noticed it as Julie, Caroline's friend.

"Hi Julie." Kayson smiled down at her and looked around the room.

Julie put her hand on Kayson's arm. "Don't you think you're a bit old for Easter?"

"No." Kayson shook his head and paid no attention to Julie's shameless flirting.

"Well, I think we could —"

"Julie, I don't like you in that way." He says hinting at his sexuality.

Julie pulled her hands away and looked sullen.

"I don't mean it in any bad way, it's just that I don't like your type."

"My type!?" Julie screeched and flared her arms around.

"Yea," Kayson nodded. "I don't like girls, sorry Julie. Maybe go for someone who does. My whole family knows that."

Kayson chuckles and pats her shoulder as he walks to Caroline.

"You should really invest with some smarter friends. She should've gotten the gist when I kept brushing her off at New Year's."

Caroline laughed and said, "well I never told her. I thought she'd figure it out too. All her hair dye might've gotten to her head. Sorry for that Kay."

Kayson shook his head and looked around the room. He saw Tara talking to his mom and pointing to someone across the room.

"You know it's not nice to point fingers. And one to them and three point back to you. Momma, you should've known that, you're the one who taught me that." Kayson teases and she shakes her head.

Tara tells Kayson what they were talking about. "Jade's been ignoring her friend. I don't know who to send over. Julie is still mad for some reason, and Caroline won't go over either. She says "he's Jade's friend, he's her problem." Can you go over pleas Kay? He's so lonely."

"Sure, and Julie is mad because I told her I don't like her. Or her type, and she I guess took it the wrong way. Caroline needs smarter friends."

"Mhm, your mom is doing a separate egg hunt for the older kids. She'll do it after the younger kids." Kayson aunt says and he heads over to Niko.