labor day

"Figure it out now. Don't come out until you have. I told both my mom and yours Kayson, a lie that would keep them from questioning." Jade said and walked out of the room. She was tired of seeing them eye each other up, but not do anything. She just wanted to get them together and it to be done.

Niko and Kayson were in his room. They were pulled by their wrists by Jade and then locked in here.

"So..." Niko said looking around the room he was in. It was clean and tidy. Clothes were put away, shoes in the closet, trash in the trash can, and nothing like his room. Niko's room had clothes everywhere, some wrappers from him missing the trash can in his mini basketball shooting games.

Kayson looked at Niko, and said "so, what's up?"

Niko chuckled and looked at Kayson eye to eye for the first time in months. He never looked him in the eye, instead looked somewhere else. "I'm doing good, you?"

"Living the adult life." Niko nodded and got up. He walked to Kayson's dresser and picked up the picture. It had Jade, Kayson, Tara, and who Niko was guessing was Kayson's mom. "Where was this?"

Kayson walked over and looked over Niko's shoulder. He saw the picture of him, his mom, aunt Tara, and Jade. Caroline wasn't there because she went to a friend's house, and Finnegan wasn't born yet.

"Myrtle Beach."

Niko didn't say anything, but stepped to the side. He played with lip ring and looked around again. "What do you think Jade told yours and her mom?" He asked so they weren't in a weird silence.

Kayson shrugged. "I don't know. But can I do something." Niko was hesitant to nod his head, but he did eventually.

Niko watched as Kayson grabbed Niko's face and pressed their lips together. At first Niko was surprised, but then he went in his toes to be the same height as Kayson.

Kayson could feel Niko's lip ring, and then him raise a bit higher.

When they were done lip locking, Kayson asked "want to have dinner on Thursday?"

Niko nodded and played with his lip ring. "Sure."

"I'll pick you up around five." Kayson smiled and waked out of the room. Niko followed so it didn't seem weird for him to stay in Kayson's room without the owner of the room in with him.

Jade appeared at Niko's side instantly and drug him outside to the poolside.

Jade bombarded Niko with questions. "So what happened? Did you guys make up? Kiss? Ignore each other? What happened?"

"Chill," Niko held his hand out "nothing much happened." He shrugged not telling her about the kiss share between the two. It was something personal that he'd like to keep to himself.

Jade looked at Niko with disbelieving eyes and asked "what happened?" More forcefully.

Niko smirked "nothing you need to know about."

"Niko!" She yelled and pushed him into the pool. Niko grabbed Jade's hand before he hit the water, and they both got soaked within seconds.

"Niko!" Jade now shrieked angrily at her best friend. "Why did you pull me in?"

Niko shrugged. "If I was going to get soaked, you were too." He pulled his shirt — which stuck to him like a second skin — off and rung it out. Niko jumped out of the pool and started ringing his pants out.

"Jade are you — why are you guys wet?" Tara asked and eyed Jade who was floating in the pool.

It was around 78°, but sticky, so the water felt good. "Niko pushed me in."

"Why is he wet then?"

"Jade pushed me in." Niko said ringing his shirt out once more.

Tara looked at Jade and then to Niko. "Go ask Kayson for clothes. He is the only guy in this house who has clothes. Jade get a dress or something from Sara. You haven't been here for awhile now."

Niko nodded and scrunched his shirt up and went inside to look for Kayson. He found him in the kitchen making a sandwich. "Sorry to interrupt your chef skills, but Tara told me to come for you for clothes."

Kayson looked up and saw Niko shirtless and then looked back down at his sandwich. "Sure, just wait." Kayson finished making his masterpiece and calmed his face.

They headed to Kayson's room, and Kayson gave Niko a Breaking Benjamin tee and dark sweat pants.

Niko changed into them, and noticed the shirt smelled like lavender and axe mixed. "Thanks."

He went downstairs and left with Jade in his car.