christmas baby

Kayson didn't know of the party being held for him today. He'd be turning 20, and he was happy as ever.

Sara had Finnegan taping the paper ringed streamers to the top of the doorway. He was on her shoulders, and Sara had a death grip on his legs so he didn't fall.

"Ok, I'm all done." Finnegan said and Sara brought him down. He ran off and Jade walked in.

"Hey Aunt Sara, do you need help?"

Kayson was at his work working until seven, and it was only five now.

Jade tried to get Niko to come, but he was sick and didn't want to get anyone else sick. It would be the one event that he wasn't brought to.

Sara pointed to the containers of cupcakes. "Can you icing them please? Thanks."

Jade went to them and got a knife out.

Are you sure you don't want to come?

She texted Niko and started spreading the baby blue icing on the cupcakes.

I'm sure. Like I said, I don't want people getting sick in your family because of me. Just tell me how it was when it is all done.

Jade groaned and stuck the knife in the icing. She always got bored at family events. And since it is Kayson's birthday party, she knew she would sit on the couch on her phone texting a sick Niko.

"Jade, are you done icing?" Sara came in and saw her niece sitting at the table looking angry. "Jade honey, do you want me to go get Niko?"

Jade shook her head "no he's sick and won't come. He doesn't want anyone getting sick." Jade didn't know why she is angry.

"What kind of sick?"

Jade shrugged. "He said he is sneezing and has a fever."

Sara thought of something. "Did he take any medicine? And try sweating or freezing the fever out?"

Jade shrugged again and set her head on her crossed arms. "Come on. We are getting Niko." Jade got up and they went to Niko's house.

Jade let herself in and went straight to Niko's room. He was on his phone and had sweatpants and no shirt on.

"You are coming with me." Jade said forcefully and put her hand on Niko's forehead. It was cool and he felt fine.

"Are you even sick?" Jade asked backing up. It might of been the mood swings from her motherly friend, but Jade knew she was mad for this.

Niko got up and walked towards Jade. She turned and walked out of his room and down the steps. She saw his dad walk out of his room and look at her.

Jade stormed out and to her aunt's car. "Can we go back to your house?"

Sara nodded and left a shirtless Niko running out of the house that was getting tinier and tinier by the second.

**********

So this book is coming to an end. There is about three more chapters left, give or take a fewwell not take, but definitely give.