st patty's day

Niko didn't celebrate any holidays because he didn't see the significance of them. Why is one day more special than the rest?

That's why he has never celebrated St Patty's Day in his life. It also might be that his dad or mom used to celebrate them. But every since his mom died, Niko rarely ever does anything for a holiday.

He also didn't get the gist of St Patty's Day. What's the deal with drinking beer and only to have a huge chance of dying from either drunk driving or alcohol poisoning. Either way, it's not good.

Today, Niko knew about the party's people would be throwing in honor of St. Patty's Day. He wasn't going to go to a single one. He was going to chill out with his dad if he was home.

Once Niko got comfortable on the couch, someone knocked on his door.

"Yes?"

"Hi Niko! Come on. My mom told me to get you and bring you to her party she's throwing." Jade said pulling Niko by his arm to his room.

Niko started disagreeing. "Jade, I don't want to. What's the point?"

"To have fun. Now come on. My cousins are going to be there, and I want them to see you. I talk to them about you, and they still don't know who you are. Now chop chop and change into this." Jade threw Niko a white button up shirt from the back of his closet and some jeans from a draw of his dresser.

He took them and went to the bathroom. When he was finished changing, Niko rolled the sleeves of the shirt to his elbows and put on some cologne.

"Ok good, did you brush your teeth today? Take a shower, well too late for the shower, but did you brush your teeth Niko?" Jade wanted her family to like him. And if he wasn't presentable, she felt like they would hate him.

Once Niko was finished with Jade's inspection, they started walking to her mom's house.

Niko saw Kayson once he walked in the room. It's like all the attention was directed to Kayson.

"Stop. That's my cousin." Jade said when she noticed her friend checking out Kayson.

Jade didn't have a problem, she just was a bit disturbed.

"Sorry."

Jade led Niko to her mom. "Hey mom."

Niko said hello and sat down at the bar stool at the bar. He noticed Kayson talking to a group of people who he didn't know.

"Those are Caroline's thirsty friends." Jade said laughing to Niko. "They obviously don't know he doesn't like them."

Niko just watched and stayed with Jade who drank a can of beer without her mom knowing.

As the night went on, Niko didn't drink anything, so he could walk home without having the fear of dying drunk.

"Bye Jade. I'm heading home." Niko told his friend and walked to the evening sky.

While walking three miles, Niko looked at the sky, counted his steps, sang, and took pictures of the sky. Once he was home, he felt better knowing he didn't die, and he wasn't intoxicated.