fourth of July

Kayson was chilling on a swan floaty in the pool at the beach house. He had polka dot swim trunks on.

Kayson was laying down on his stomach when someone jumped in splashing him

Kayson was laying down on his stomach when someone jumped in splashing him. Then he floaty was turned over, and he went into the pool. Kayson resurfaced and saw Caroline and Jade in the pool, and Julie standing out of the pool.

"Hi guys." Kayson says and climbs back onto the swan floaty. "So what's up?"

Caroline swam to him and said "let's play Chicken."

Kayson objected. "But Jade needs a partner, and Julie doesn't look like she's getting in. Who's gonna be the other person?"

Julie had her clothes on, and sat on a beach chair. She got her phone out and started popping her gum.

That moment, Niko walked out saying "I couldn't find the Rocket Pops, so I got Fudge Pops instead. Hopefully no one cares." He had a pair of black trunks on, and no shirt on.

Kayson was temporarily distracted by Niko, but snapped when Jade said "that's fine

Kayson was temporarily distracted by Niko, but snapped when Jade said "that's fine. Kay only eats the Rocket Pops in the summer. You're lucky if you can have one." Jade prods his side and Kayson dunks her underwater.

"Don't listen to her. I have a secret stash." Kayson says and steps away from Caroline to the steps of the pool. He gets out and wraps his towel around his hips and walks inside. Kayson goes to the very back of the freezer and pulls out five Rocket Pops and walks back outside.

"Here you guys go." He gives everyone a Rocket Pop and goes to sit back on the swan floaty. He floats around eating his Rocket Pop.

It was nighttime, so there were lights lit so everyone could see what they were doing. Kayson decided to put his trash on the side of the pool, and got o the middle. "Alright, Jade you wanted to play Chicken, so let's go."

Jade smiles and motions Niko in the pool. He gets in, and goes to her. "Ok. You're going down Kay. Niko, get down, I need to go on your shoulders." Niko obeys and kneels in the pool and has Jade get on his shoulders. Caroline does the same to Kayson, and positions herself so she won't fall.

"Julie, you start the countdown." Jade yells and laughs. "Don't let me fall Niko. If you do, I don't know what I'm gonna do."

Niko nods and hears Julie countdown from five. When she gets to zero, he steps close to Kayson and has Jade do all of the work.

"So how have you been Niko?" Kayson asks holding onto Caroline's legs and occasionally steps forward or back to steady her.

Niko answers Kayson. "I've been good. How about you?"

"Wonderful." He sees fireworks in the sky and pushes Jade's legs back and Niko's shoulders back so they fall, but fall back so Caroline and him fall into the water.

When everyone resurfaces, they question him. "There were fireworks and I didn't want to miss them."

"Happy Fourth of July."

Niko says and leans against the pool's edge and watches as the fireworks explode making sky designs. Some look like hair falling, other just a circle of brightly illuminated rockets.

Kayson nods and leans beside Niko. Kayson says, "Yea, Happy Fourth." And watches the sky.

**********

In honor of today being my last day of school before I have to go back again in three months.

And I normally don't do this, but you need to read North by Ancient_Desire. Holy poop, I could go on for days about it.