Chapter Eighteen: Problem Child

Start from the beginning

Greater Dog and Lesser Dog don't speak so it'll be easy. Everything SHOULD work out. If Undyne becomes a problem, I'll take care of her myself.

"Only if you plan to quit your job at the Resort," said Papyrus unknowingly dashing Sans' hopes to the ground.

Great.

Well, that explains why he's targeting the Resort at least. I work there at night and that's when the dirtbags appear. I friggen' NEED that job, too...

Sans pinched the space between his eyes, frustrated.

What if I...?

Could I ask Papyrus? Maybe he has a solution. He doesn't want to get caught either I imagine.

"how would you solve this problem papyrus?" asked Sans, hoping for a miracle. He was all out of ideas and he didn't want to just TELL Papyrus to seek therapy.

It was rude.

"Nyeh heh heh heh heh!" Papyrus smiled confidently, placing his gloved hands on his hips. "If I can become a Royal Guard, I can kill as much as I want and it'll be perfectly legal. I've already struck a deal with Undyne."

Sans groaned.

"This one's legit. If I bring her a human soul, she WILL make me a guard."

"you're sure?"

"She'd better or we're done."

I'll wring her pretty little neck.

I'm sick of her nonsense...

"if you wind up done, then what? kill undyne and the rest of the guards so asgore will hire you by default?"

"That's a great idea Sans!"

Whoops.

"I can get rid of the bone loving dogs, and then Undyne will have no choice but to hire me! Yes....yes..." Papyrus wrung his gloved hands together like a cliché' movie villain.

Shit shit shit shit!

"wait bro, don't-"

Papyrus held up a hand. "I won't have any part in it Sans. There won't be any need. We're going to have a visitor tomorrow according to Flowey. Nyeh heh heh..."

"a visitor...?" Sans didn't like the sound of that. If they were anything like Papyrus's OTHER friend...

"A violent visitor," Papyrus continued.

Oh boy...

"uhhh..."

"I've been asked to look the other way, and I plan to as long as they don't harm you and Flowey. They should take care of the dogs and all our problems will be solved! Heh heh heh..." Papyrus laughed to himself a while longer and then paused. "Although I DO worry for Undyne; she won't just allow this to happen. I'll have to call her up and distract her or something...FEAR NOT DEAR BROTHER! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, HAVE THIS UNDER CONTROL!!"

Sans sweating became worse. Undyne was one of the toughest monsters in the Underground. She was head of the Royal Guard for a reason.