Chapter Sixteen: Memory Issues

Papyrus stood in front of the Lab looking at his boots. He hadn't moved in quite awhile. He wasn't sure if it was worth his time to even go home. His worst nightmare was being realized as he stood there helpless. When his brother found what he searched for, he would most definitely have his heart broken.

Unlike Papyrus, Sans saw Gaster as a good father. he loved him and he loved working with him. If he didn't hate Papyrus for destroying Gaster, he would hate him for keeping everything he did a secret.

The worst case scenario though, would be Sans turning his hatred upon himself.

That's what scared Papyrus the most.

He already knew his brother had a problem with depression; he would too if he woke up everyday wondering if he'd survive to see tomorrow. Combine that with crippling self-loathing and you have someone who probably wouldn't have the strength of will to try to see tomorrow. If Sans found out the truth, would he...?

He should have gone with him.

He should go after him.

But he was just so scared.

What would Sans say to him?

The argument he had with Sans hadn't been hateful, but it still hurt his feelings pretty badly. The fact that he couldn't get his brother to listen to him was painful, because he had THOUGHT he had become someone Sans was willing to rely on and listen to, and apparently was wrong.

Not that he didn't still love him. He even had a plan to go after him. He just needed to be in the right mindset...

He wanted to get down to a point where he didn't care about what happened to himself, so he could go after Sans. He had gotten there before in the dump somehow, but he couldn't seem to do it again and he didn't know why.

"This place sucks!"

Papyrus turned in surprise to see Flowey behind him complaining and lifting his roots off the hot ground.

It was rare to see him anywhere near Hotland. A place of lava was not a place for flowers. He must have needed something important.

"Howdy Flowey. What brings you to this little slice of Hell?"

Flowey lifted a vine and threw a bag of gold at him. "Here Bonehead, don't say I never did anything nice for ya'."

"Are you giving me a gift, or an errand to run?"

"It's a gift! A little piggy dropped it. How lucky!" exclaimed Flowey with a wink, sticking his tongue out.

Since it's Chara's fault they're back at level one, they can go ahead and start at the beginning. Ha!

"I brought some food too!" said Flowey waving a vine laced with doughnuts and cider. Papyrus was surprised none of the cider was spilling out from the way Flowey was swinging it.

"Alright, let's go on a picnic."

Maybe something random will happen and give me courage.

A miracle or something. It's better than just standing here anyway.

"Yaaaay! Picniiic!" shouted Flowey waving his leaves.