McDonald's

Arabella's POV:

My God, time flies! It feels like Valentine's Day was just a few weeks ago.

It's November 20th, five days before my 16th birthday. Not really a lot has happened. I'm a junior in high school now, and still on the Varsity Competitive Cheer Team. I'm actually captain now, which is pretty cool. Sam and I still aren't speaking to each other. Not that I wanted us to or anything, it's just strange he hasn't crawled back yet. Caroline transferred to an All-Girls school because everyone at Etowah started spreading shit about her being a hoe, so that's probably the most exciting thing about it all. Chandler and I are still together, and honestly we're closer than ever. It's been almost a year now.

Not only is he my best friend, but I'm lucky enough to say he's also my boyfriend.

Well it's a Friday night and I have absolutely no plans now that football season is over, so I guess that's that. Next week I have no school because of Thanksgiving Break, and I think Chandler and I are hanging out.

It's only like 10:30, but I'm so tired so I'm gone before I know it.

• • •

I wake up and eat. I think about Chandler, and how our one-year is next month. Christmas Day, to be exact. It doesn't feel like it's been that long. I don't even know where time has gone! I've been in Georgia for 10 months now, but it feels like it's been ten seconds.

Chandler drives over and we watch movies on the couch. His arm drapes over my waist and leading off the couch.

At around noon he says, "I'm hungry." I stretch and ask, "Well, what do you want to eat?" I turn and face Chandler. He grins and whispers, "How does McDonald's sound?" I laugh and say, "Yes. Always."

We walk outside and I hop into Chandler's car. He gets in, and then comes into realization he left the keys in my house so he goes back in to grab them. After three minutes I wonder where he went, so I go back inside.

"I can't find my keys! Do you have them?" he asks.

"Chandler...."

"What?!"

"You're... Chandler you're holding them."

Chandler sheepishly looks down at his hands and says, "I'm sorry, I'm such a mess!"

I wrap his arms around my waist and say, "It's okay baby, you're my mess." He kisses the back of my neck and I lead him to the car.

He drives to the McDonald's drive thru and we order our fattening American food. He drives back to my house so we can eat.

When we get home we go upstairs to my room and decide to eat there. "Careful Chandler, I have white sheets," I say as he opens a ketchup packet. He grins and rolls his eyes.

"I'm sure you'd rather not have a random red stain in the middle of your bed. That would be sketchy," he states. I throw a fry at him so he laughs and throws another at me.

After we finish our food I lay down and take a nap.

Chandler's POV:

Arabella fell asleep about five minutes ago. God, she's so cute even when she's not even trying to be. It means the world to me that I can call her mine. I think I might be in love with her. Not just 'oh I love you' but so much more than that. Like, in love. I don't know if she knows that I feel like this about her, but I want her to. That's probably why it's been such a mess lately. I'm scared to tell her, but I'm going to. I just don't know when.

How bout now!

I wake her up and she's a bit cranky at first but deals with it.

Arabella'a POV:

"What is it, Chandler."

"Can I tell you something?"

"Of course, but it couldn't have waited?"

"Arabella I've been waiting 11 months to be able to say this."

I blink and look into his eyes. "Go on..." I whisper.

"Okay... I think I'm in love with you. But, that's not even coming close to what I feel for you. There are millions of English words but I can't string any of them together to explain how much I love you, and how much you mean to me. Yes, I've had girlfriends in the past, and yes, I've loved in the past, but this is the first time I've ever been in love. Nowadays dudes don't like being in relationships. All they really want to do is fuck around with girls and leave them. I've gotten so much shit for actually wanting to be in a relationship, but honestly none of that bothers me. Arabella... you are the person I want to be with for the rest of my life and there's nothing anybody can do to try to change that."

I smile the more Chandler talks. He kisses me. I lace my fingers in his and whisper, "You're the one I want to have a future with too, and I never want to let you go."