To The Rescue

Chapter 48:

Chandler's POV:

"She is?! On my way!"

I hang up the phone.

"What's wrong?" Stephanie asks.

"Arabella's been kidnapped."

I run out the front door.

Sure, I'm not the fastest, or the strongest, but that doesn't stop me from saving my best friend.

But right now, I feel like I've never been faster.

I know where Jeff lives. Just a few streets over.

And there's a white criminal van in the front yard... Suspicious, much?

I can't see inside, because the windows are tinted too dark. Is that even legal?

My Chandlito-Senses are tingling!

They say: Arabella is locked in this van and you were so stupid that you forgot your phone at your house. But you can't go back, Chandler, because it could be too late.

Think, Chandler, think...

Thinking...

Thinking...

Uhm... I just saw the Wrecking Ball video in my head... Why, Sam, must you show that video to me so many times?

Wait... That's it! Miley was licking a hammer...

Hammer... I need a hammer to break this window...

I don't know if I should... I could have to pay for damage...

But... My best friend is in there!

I'll do it.

But first... I need a hammer.

Stephanie runs up.

"Stephanie I need you to grab a hammer from my garage!"

"What why-"

"Just do it! Please..."

"Fine..."

She runs off. In less than two minutes, she returns with one of my dad's hammers.

I take it from her and stare at it in my hands.

I think of everything.

Should I?

I raise the hammer and strike at the window. It cracks a little. I do it again. Another crack. I bring my hammer down hard on the window and it finally breaks.

Arabella's POV:

Alexis and I brainstorm over ideas when it sounds like someone is trying to get into the van.

The window cracks a little more. It's too dark to see anything. Well, mainly because I'm about to pass out...

All I see are swirls and shapes and figures.

The window breaks. I barely see Chandler holding the hammer, out of breath.

Of all people, Chandler saves me? Wow... That was unexpected...

Then everything goes black.

Chandler's POV:

A girl with long blonde hair was with Arabella in the van. Arabella passes out immediately, and the girl runs out, careful not to touch any glass.

"Woah what happened here? Are you friends with Tyler?"

"Yeah... I almost fell in love with him... Is that bad?"

"Uh... No?"

Stephanie smirks. "You hesitated," she says.

"What... Uh... No I didn't?"

"You just did. Again." Stephanie and I start laughing.

"I'm Alexis... Nice to meet you, both of you."

I look at Jeff's house. Tyler opens the front door. He curses and starts running toward us.

"Stephanie! Bring Alexis to my house, and I'll bring Arabella!"

I grab Arabella. I accidentally cut my arm on some glass but it's worth it.

We run to my house before Tyler can get to us. I swear, I think I got faster!

I set Arabella down on the couch and put an ice pack to her head. Alexis goes and calls her mom.

"Chandler, your arm!" Stephanie examines the cut on my arm.

"I'll be fine..."

"No, I think you need to clean that up... Hurry before it gets infected..." Stephanie is so caring. I love her!

I wash up my arm and it actually looks almost close to nearly being normal.

I call Sam and tell him what happened, but not to come over because I have no idea where Tyler and Jeff are.

Arabella wakes up.

"Chandler?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you..."

"No problem. I'd do anything for you."

"Even break into a criminal's van?"

"Even break into a criminal's van."

She smiles.

"Arabella do you want to talk to Sam?"

She nods.

I grab my laptop and call Sam on Skype.

I set the laptop on the coffee table next to the couch so she and Sam can Skype.

Alexis' POV:

I tell my mom what happened. At first she freaks out, and asks if I'm ok, if she should call the police, but I tell her that I'm just fine.

I walk in the living room and see Arabella Skyping with Sam. I don't want to be rude and interrupt so I start to walk away. I mean, why would they want to talk to me? I'm not even cool... Or funny... Or, well... Anybody.

"Alexis... Don't you want to say hey to Sam?" Arabella asks.

I turn around and force a smile.

I hear Sam say in his Cartman voice, "Yeh you wanna talk to meh? Heh? Heh?"

I sit down on the couch. Arabella and Sam are actually pretty cool. Well... I guess... I don't have any real friends, so I don't know what it's like...

We hear sirens about an hour later and look outside to see what all the fuss is about.

There, by the streetlight, is a police officer handcuffing Tyler and Jeff.

"Bye bye, bitches!" I say, directed towards Tyler and Jeff.

We all have a great time celebrating because they're officially gone.

Sam comes over. Great. Just what I need.

I mean, I love Sam, but I don't want to be left out. Why would he talk to me, when there's Arabella?

"I'm gonna go..."

Arabella stops me. "You can stay here... If you'd like..."

Arabella's POV:

This Alexis girl seems really cool.

She stays and I decide to get to know her.

"So... I'm Arabella..."

"I'm Alexis."

"So... How old are you?"

"I'm 15."

"Who's your celeb crush?"

She whispers in my ear so Chandler and Sam can't hear. "Ty Parker."