Watch Your Back

Chandler's POV:

Well I guess Sam accepted the loss of Arabella... He seemed pretty okay to me when he and Caroline were sucking each other's mouths. He's such a jerk.

I walk in the street alone, on Christmas night. I pass two extremely familiar faces. I halt in my pace.

Caroline and Jayden were just holding hands... They pass me. I turn around and she kisses him on the cheek.

Oh, dang flabbit!

Sam may be stupid. Sam may be a jerk. But he's my stupid, jerky best friend. No one cheats on my stupid, jerky best friend.

"Caroline? Aren't you dating Sam?"

"What? I don't know what you're talking about."

"Don't play stupid, Caroline."

"I'm sorry. Who are you? I've never seen you before in my life. Jayden, make him go away."

Jayden, I'm guessing he recognizes me, says, "Chandler's cool. We've met. He knows Arabella."

She just looks at him. "Arabella is stupid and has no life. She's ugly too! What did Sam ever find in her? No wonder he broke up with her!"

Okay, Caroline, you're lucky I didn't just snap your neck! I mean, I would've, but I don't know how, so I mean.

Jayden shakes his head. "No, we've met. She's cool, too." Then Caroline stares right at me and states blankly, "I have my claim. Arabella is better off in Alabama." Jayden rolls his eyes and shakes his head. I turn around and head in the opposite direction.

Oh, sweet Caroline...

Watch your back.

But you see, she can't watch her back unless she has a mirror. And that mirror's 'gon crack if she looks into it.

Ooooooooooooo I'm good

Sam's POV:

I hear a knock at the door. I answer it. Chandler.

"What'd you come for?" I ask.

"I need to tell you something about Caroline."

I let him in and he talks some shit about how Caroline and Jayden are "dating." Like I believe that.

"You expect me to believe that?"

"Well, yes."

"Liar," I say as I turn my back on him and start for the front door.

"Why else would I come back?" he asks. I stop mid-stride and think for a moment.

"Revenge?"

"Revenge for what? For you cheating on Arabella? I already told you. She's mine now."

I sneer. "You think I'm jealous?"

He doesn't say anything for a minute. "No," he finally says, "just guilty."

I stop. "Why did you come?"

"To warn you."

"I don't need a warning."

"Fine. Don't come to me when you experience the same crap you put Arabella through with Caroline," he says as he walks out the front door.

"Chandler, wait!" I stand in the doorway.

He stops on my porch, but doesn't turn around. "Keep your eyes open, Sam. Don't be blind."