That Doesn't Matter

Chapter 52:

Arabella's POV:

The next day, we all decide to hang out together.

We go on a walk around Sam's neighborhood.

Ty asks Alexis, "So did you know that Jeffrey kid that kept following you yesterday?"

"Yeah. He's madly in love with me, and it's kind of creepy..."

Ty laughs. "Sounds like a fangirl to me. What did he say to you?"

"He said 'I see you're wearing a pink bra.'"

"Weren't you wearing a hoodie though?"

"Yeah! That's what's really creepy..."

We all laugh.

Then I see someone walking down the street that I wish wasn't there.

I'd recognize who that is from a mile away.

Hollie.

I tug at Sam's sleeve and point in her direction. She turns and looks at us. An evil grin spreads her face. She wipes it away with a fake smile.

She walks up. "Well, I see you're friends with Alexis. Wow, I haven't seen you in ages, I missed you!" She says in her fake voice. It still sounds intimidating.

Alexis says, "Hollie?"

Sam speaks up, "You know her?"

Alexis nods, "Yeah, she goes to my school... She doesn't like me."

"She doesn't like anyone..." Sam replies. Hollie rolls her eyes.

"Wait you go to Etowah too?" Sam looks at Alexis.

Hollie says in her fake voice, "Well, Arabella, I'm sorry for everything. I'm sure you understand." She makes a pouty face.

I try to walk away. "And I'm sure you understand that I don't like you, so please, let me leave."

She grabs my wrist. Then she lets go of it innocently. She's still trying to pull off that she's "changed."

"May I speak to you, Arabella, alone?"

I walk about 10 yards away from Sam, Alexis, and Ty to talk to Hollie.

"Alright, listen Arabella, you may be lucky and famous, but I will get my revenge!"

"Revenge for what? What did I do?"

"You... You... You stole my man! Sam! You stole him from me!"

"From you? It's not like he was yours in the first place!"

"But he could've been!"

"Not if you're so mean all the time!"

She stutters. "Ugh... Uh... Grrrr..." She growls.

Then she narrows her eyes and says, "This is exactly why I hate you..."

Sam's POV:

Hollie wanted to talk to Arabella alone, but I still heard what she said. Hahahahahaha stupid.

I walk up to her.

"Oh... Hey Sam..." She blushes and puts her hair behind her ear.

And I looked deep into the windows of her soul and said...

"Bitch."

She scoffs and walks away.

Something tells me that's not the last of her.

Arabella's POV:

When we get to Sam's house I decide to release my ask.fm publicly.

I immediately get a question after I post it to Instagram.

An anonymous user asked, "What did you think when you first fell in love with Sam?"

I answer:
"He had beautiful eyes. The kind you could get lost in. And, well... I guess I did"

Then someone asks:
"How can I tell when my girlfriend is mad?"

I responded:
"You can tell a lot about a woman's mood by her hands. For example, if she's holding a gun, she's probably angry"

I just said the first thing that came to mind, because why not.

Ty's POV:

Alexis seems like a really sweet girl. She's pretty, but that doesn't matter. All that matters is who she is as a person.

I watch her as she puts her Vera Bradley backpack down, not to sound like a stalker or anything...

But I regret doing that, I really do, because I saw something I wish I hadn't.

Her sleeve of her hoodie rolled up a little, but I still saw the cut scars on her wrist.

A chill runs down my spine.

I grab her and bring her in the other room.

"What are you doing?" She asks.

I grab her arm and roll up her sleeve. Tears form in our eyes.

"Why didn't you ever tell me?"

"Well... I don't want to talk about it..." She looks down.

Then she takes a breath.

"I say that I don't want to talk about it. Actually, I do, but I'm afraid of your reaction. I'm afraid you'll never see me as an equal again. I'm afraid of the pity in your eyes when you realize how screwed up I am."

"Alexis... I don't think you're screwed up, I don't think you're screwed up at all. I-"

"No. I'm more than just a girl in snapbacks and hoodies..."

"Alexis... Your smile looks adorable on you! You should wear it more often..."

"Well... All this time I thought I annoyed you. I didn't think you would like me, well, I didn't think you liked me at all..."

"Of course I like you. You're fun to be around. You're smart. You're funny. You're very cute. You're different. You're crazy. You're perfect, in an imperfect way. You always speak your mind. You have the best laugh. Of course I like you. You're you. And no one can change that."

Tears flood her face. I give her a hug.

In her tears she says, "My heart stops when you look at me."