Chapter Seventeen

Months Later......

Chyna Korea Santiago Jones

It's January and the school year is almost year. I can't believe that time went by so fast. But  today was a happy day because it was Sushi  Kate is turning 18.  So tonight the crew and I were going to party like there's no tomorrow. I was excited even though it's not my birthday.

Kate "Sushi" Rodriguez

Today was my birthday. I was excited. I knew that the crew was going to party tonight; but I don't even know what we're doing in the day besides go to school. I got dressed in my high waist shorts, my black tank top, and converse all stars. I striaghtened my hair. I wanted to look like a girl today. Most days, I look like a boy and I think that's what attracted Hakeem to me. But today was my day. I walked downstairs and left. I didn't have time to even wait for Sean. I called Chyna and told her to pick me up. She arrived in 5 minutes and I got in the car.

"Happy birthday." Chyna said. "Thank you so much." I said. "Ok, before we drive, I got you something." Chyna said. "Chyna, you didn't have to get me anything." I said. "Trust me i had too. You msy say that shit now; but one day you'll bring it up and I'll get mad...anyway open it." Chyna says handing me a box. 

I opened the box and it was charm friendship bracelet. I was so amazed. It looked so beautiful. No one has ever gotten something like this. i kinds of teared up a little bit. 

"Why are you crying?" Chyna asked. "It's tears of joy." I said. "So you like it?' Chyna asked. "No, I love it. Thanks Chyna." I said giving her a hug. "Your welcome." Chyna said. 

We pulled away and I wiped the tears off my eyes. Chyna then drove off to school. I put on my charm bracelet and got out of the car. We met up with the rest of the crew and I saw Hakeem. He saw me and smiled. But he just walked away. That was weird. But I didn't pay him no mind; I turned back and went back. Everyone told me happy birthday and of course I said thanks. But what was really on my mind was how Hakeem ignored me. I knew something was up.

Hakeem Michaels

I know today was Kate's birthday and all; but I had other things on my mind to deal with. I've made the biggest mistake of my life. But it was not once; but it went on for 2 months. I don't know what to do. I fucked up and I need to fix it before Kate finds out. If I don't then I'm going to fucking explode. I need to fix this shit and fast. I went to go meet the girl that I was cheating on Kate with. I met her by the bleachers....

Kate "Sushi" Rodriguez

I haven't seen nor heard from Hakeem throughout the whole day. I needed to know what the fuck was going on. Hakeem never ignored me ever and it was annoying. I skipped last period to go and look for him. I looked for him everywhere. Until, I saw him coming out the boys bathroom. I ran to him. Hakeem looked up at me.

"Hey." Hakeem said. "Hi." I said. "What's going on?" Hakeem said. "You've been acting shady since this morning; what's up." I said. "It's nothing." Hakeem said. "Really? Are you sure?" I said. "Like I said it's nothing." Hakeem asked. "Are you ok? You seem a little stressed about something." I asked. "No." Hakeem said. "It's ok you can tell me what's wrong." I said. "WHAT THE FUCK? IF I SAID SHIT WASN'T WRONG THEN SHIT AIN'T WRONG! YOU NEED TO LEARN TO MIND YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS KATE. IT'S STARTING TO BECOME ANNOYING. NO YOUR STARTING TO GET ANNOYING." Hakeem yelled and walked away. 

Hakeem never talked to me like that. I never seen him angry like that. It kind of scared the shit outta me. I walked to the parking lot crying my eyes out. Chyna was waiting for me in the car and she saw tear strains running down my eyes. I got in the car and continued to cry.

"Oh my god, what happened?" Chyna asked. "It's Hakeem." I said. "What did he do?" Chyna asked. "We fought and he told me that I was annoying." I said. "What? That doesn't sound like Hakeem." Chyna said. "I know. But he's hiding something; I just don't know hat it is though or maybe I'm just paranoid." I said. "No you are not paranoid; if you have a gut feeling that's something's wrong then you should go along with it; not ignore it." Chyna said. "Ok." I said. 

"Aight. We have a party to get ready for." Chyna said. "Ok, let's just go to your house." I said. "Ok." Chyna said starting the engine.

Chyna drove to her house. Even though my body was in the mood; but my mind wasn't. I felt like Keem is hiding something and he's ashamed to tell me. He needs to tell me or I'm afraid that our relationship is going to end. I'll have no choice but to end and I do not want to.

________________

What do you think Hakeem's secret it?