Chapter Twelve

9:15 pm

Kate "Sushi" Rodriguez

Chyna and I were parked in front of Hakeem's house. It was kind of her to that for me; but I wasn't ready to confess my feelings to him. He might laugh or worst reject me. I love Hakeem but I want to know how he feels as soon as my love is revealed. How would he react? Will he think it's a joke? I looked at Chyna with -do I really have to do this?- look. Chyna made no hesitations of unlocking the door. I took that shit as a yes. I got out of the car and walked up to Hakeem's door. Before I had time to escape, Chyna had already droven away. Oh shit!

I had to stop being a pussy and finally own up to what I actually came here to do. I turned myself around and stepped onto Hakeem's front porch. I took a deep breath and took the courage of knocking on Hakeem's door. I knocked on the door and no one answered. I began to give up and then I heard the door open. I looked up and Hakeem was standing in the doorway. He was in his basketball shorts and socks. He was shirtless and his abs looked sexy as fuck. I snapped out of my thoughts to pay attention.

"Sushi, what are you doing here?" Hakeem asked. "I need to talk to you." I said. "About what?" Hakeem asked. "I can't talk about it out here. Do you mind if I come inside?" I said. "Ok, come in." Hakeem said. "Thanks." I said walking in.

My heart was racing. I could hear my heart beating and I could tell that I was really nervous. This moment was finally happening and I was right there face-to-face with him. Hakeem closed the door and we sat on the his couch getting ready to talk.

"Ok, what do you want to talk about?" Hakeem asked. "Ok, this is not easy to say; but I love you Hakeem." I said. "Yea, I know you love me. We've been friends since freshman year." Hakeem said. "No, I mean that I'm in love with you." I said. "You mean?" Hakeem asked. "Yea, I've fallen in love with you and have been concealing my feelings for quite sometime." I said.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Hakeem yelled. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" I asked. "After all this time. You know come and tell me this." Hakeem said. "I'm sorry but that's I really feel." I said. "Since you said something; I might as well tell you something." Hakeem said. "What!?!" I questioned. "I love you too." Hakeem said. "Stop it!" I said tearing up.

"Why are you crying?" Hakeem asked. "Because....I didn't know you felt that way about me." I said. "I've always had a thing for you Kate. I just didnt tell anyone about it." Hakeem said. "Wow. I never knew." I said. "Now you know." Hakeem said. "What are we going to do about it?" I asked. "I don't know you tell me." Hakeem said. "Maybe we can try on making a relationship." I said. "That's good." Hakeem said. "Well I'll you tomorrow then." I said. "Aight." Hakeem said.

I walked to the door and as I turned around; I felt lips against mine. But when Hakeem pulled away I wanted more of his kisses. I quickly rushed and wanted him to kiss me again. I closed the door behind me and....

________________________