Chapter 23

My entire body was exhausted and drained of all strength and energy. It took what little strength I had to keep myself upright on my two wobbly legs. The silver and odd position my body was in speed up the rate of exhaustion. My senses had dulled and black dots danced around my vision. The silver was enough to keep me on the verge of passing out and the pain was enough to keep me barely conscience.

As my arms twitched and legs wobbled, threatening to give out beneath me. The silver still seared into my flesh and I was certain I would most likely have permanent scars by now.

Keys jingled as they twisted into the lock in the door. I lifted my heavy eyelids to see who was gracing me with their presence. Michael walked through the door flanked by a squad of warrior wolves(Eta's), most looking wary. Many of their eyes widened at the sight of me and I recognized them as loyal followers to my father. What had Michael done to them to make them submit to an unjust alpha? The other half of the wolves in the room I either didn't recognize at all or wolves who were the bottom dwellers of the pack whom he had obviously convinced to follow him and promoted them to high ranks they didn't deserve.

Michael walked up to me with a cocky grin on his face as the other men moved towards the mounts on the wall that my chains were attached to and looked back to Michael for the order. Michael approached me til he leaned down so his eyes were level with mine. "We are going on a bit of an outing today. Since you are gonna die, you should at least get to see your old pack one last time." He said smoothly.

He was too happy about this, he had ulterior motives, I know he does.

He turned his eyes towards some of the men and nodded his head. The men began to unclasp the chain ends from their mount on the wall. When the last chain fell to the floor, I fell along with it. I collapsed onto my knees, placing my palms on the cool floor as I revealed in the relief and lack of such tremendous strain on my body. As I was hunched over, they removed the silver collar from my neck and then removed the silver bracelets. I couldn't help but love the feeling of the cool air against my skin.

"Some of the omegas will clean you up and dress you before your grand debut back into the pack." Michael smirked, before he began his exit from the cell.

Before he left, he stopped and whispered something in the ear of one of his loyal wolves, "do whatever you have to to keep her in this weak state. The shackles on her ankles should be enough to keep her physically weak enough but inject her with wolfsbane if she bounces back more than expected." Michael intended for me not to hear what he'd said, but even though I'm weakened, my senses are better than his, meaning they would still be stronger than his even if put through the same miserable treatment.

Michael sauntered out of the cell before three women entered after him. They seemed middle aged but the work load on them made them look at least 10 years older. One carried a large bucket full of water, the next carried a big basket of soaps, shampoos and various other things, and the last woman carried a white garment and a towel. The large cell door was slammed behind the women as the approached me. I recognized all three woman as old members of the pack. Diligent and hard workers in the pack house. Their wolf spirits weren't weak like most omegas, they shouldn't be omegas, yet they were. This was most likely Michael's doing, so they became omegas and became like the caretakers of the pack. Keeping everything clean and making meals and doing other household chores. They were not badly treated by anyone within the pack because of their rank, the pack provided them with money and a home and the freedom to work elsewhere if they didn't want to work in the pack house. Even with all the hard work, Ive never seen these women look so old, tired and worked in my life. There faces were worried and their eyebrows seemed to be set in a permanent furrow and not a hint of a smile ever being on their faces. The three women were all sisters, that much I remembered, and the main differences between them were their facial structure, the styles of their hair and their eyes. All three women had raven hair and a olive complexion that was now riddled with frown lines. The first sister had her dark hair in a neat bun with sun spots scattered across the skin that was visible to me with chocolate brown eyes. She set the bucket down in front of me as she turned to talk to a guard. The next sister had her hair in a high ponytail that barely went down past her shoulders with brown eyes with a rim of hazel that exploded out from her iris. Her lips were thin as she set down the basket and began looking through at the names on each bottle in her basket. The third sister seemed the most happy out of the bunch, although they all seemed miserable, she was just, the least miserable. Her icy blue eyes stood out against her black hair and freckles danced across her face. She placed the white garments on the edge of the basket and walked up to my slumped over figure. She walked towards me and grabbed a hold of my shoulder and began to lift me up. She gave me a small smile as I got back up onto my feet. She held me by my forearm to make sure I stayed upright.