Chapter 5

Xavier's POV

I stormed into the pack house, still steaming from the last few minutes with my mate. Everyone who still lingered in the hallways cleared a path for me, better to avoid an already angry alpha's rage then to be killed for blocking him from his destination. I stormed into the library and charged for the werewolf public records. I pulled the cabinet drawer open almost taking the rest of the cabinets with it. It took me seconds to find the folder. She had to be a different Harrison, or at least adopted! Red Devil Pack; Family history's; Lets see, Dan and Joan Harrison, Billy and Abigail Harrison, Andrew and Christina Harrison, and finally, Sydney Harrison. I fell on to the recliner chair conveniently sitting behind me. I couldn't stop staring at it. She wasn't adopted, she wasn't another Harrison that coincidentally had the same last name as the alpha, she was the alpha.

What about the plan? If she was the next Luna my mate would without a doubt be killed, regardless our mating.

I didn't know what to do. Reject her? My wolf growled instantly. I couldn't reject her, she was my life, my heart, my everything. I could never live without her. My mind raced. What was I going to do. What could I do. My father already knew I found her, and that she was from Red Devil pack. I know he would eventually want to meet my mate and the future Luna of our pack, he just didn't know what her name was, or who she looked like...

A light bulb went off.

He didn't know who she was or what she looked like. He didn't know her name or the color of her eyes, he only knew she was my mate whoever that may be. He didn't know anything.

She was the Alpha female apparently, which must mean she knows how to fight. Lets see, I started digging through all the pack records in Red Devil pack looking for a candidate for my mate to pose as. Let see, maybe an enforcer? No there are barely any female enforcers, it would be to easy to figure that one out. She already has a rank, so they will be able to feel her power, Epsilon, or maybe Beta so it seems more normal. Yes that would work. Lets see does the beta have a daughter? Yes! She pretty enough, but still not a pretty as Sydney. That's it, Sydney will just pose as the beta's youngest daughter, they are about the same age. Yes, Sydney can pose as Alex Prescott.

Sydney's POV

I went to sleep last night feeling empty. I had hoped that it would go away by today, but it was still there. I wanted today to be good, but how can you have a good day when you don't feel good. I guess it's possible, but that doesn't mean it enjoyable.

I sluggishly moved out of my bed, and headed straight to the bathroom, maybe a hot shower will help. It didn't. For the most part, I just stood there, in the shower, just letting the hot water run down my body as I leaned against the tile wall. What is wrong with me?

I finally got out of the shower and made my way towards my closet. I had more clothes than any she-wolf could ask for, with the exception of Alex that is, and yet... I didn't need clothes, or shoes, or jewelry, I needed my mate.

When I finally chose some comfy clothes to wear I sauntered down to the kitchen where I read on the clock that it was around noon. I grabbed a bag of popcorn and threw it in the microwave as I made a ham and cheese sandwich. When the popcorn was done I put it on a tray with my sandwich, and reached into the fridge to grab a Pepsi. I wasn't going to focus on calories so I could stay the strong Alpha female I was, I was seeking comfort food. The Pepsi just happened to be 2 pints, and I placed that on the tray too before reaching into the pantry for some gummy worms and nutella. I placed everything neatly on the tray before grabbing a bag of Ruffles to pile on top and head back up into my room.

As I walked through the halls, the other wolves eyed me warily. I didn't often binge on junk foods, but when I did, it usually meant something was wrong, and the pack knew to steer clear or risk becoming rouges. It still didn't stop them from staring though, they just loved to see what kind of foods I was eating, always scanning me, looking for something to gossip about. To make the situation any more awkward, Nick has been right behind me this entire time, since the moment I stepped foot outside of my room. He had a concerned look on his face, obviously worried about what was going on or what happened this time.