Chapter 2

Blood.

Blood and Fire is all I smelt as I walked through the makeshift camp.  As I walked through the fighting, through the fire, it was as if no one dared touch me, even mother nature.

I stopped in the middle of this pathetic camp.  They had small triangular canvas tents scattered throughout the small clearing with a fire pit in the middle which had been tampered with somehow since now almost the whole camp was on fire.  It was hysteria as everyone either struggled to escape the flames or my pack members. There were in fact more fighters than we expected, but nothing we couldn't handle. There was blood pooling on the ground accompanied by snarling wolves all around me, and then it struck me.

"Sam, try to capture one would ya, I wanna know what their 'plan' is"

"Sure, why not, I'm sure they wouldn't mind" Sam replied in a moment before my mind led me to other things, a strange new smell for example.

A wonderful, intoxicating new smell drew me to the nicest and largest tent, or was.  Not that nice anymore due to its flaming state.  The smell was all around the tent but was clouded by the smoke and ashes.  I moved away from the fighting and smoke to follow the smell. My steps were sure and silent as I walked through this unknown part of the forest, and that wonderful smell of cinnamon and peppermint, and probably a little bit of motor oil in there as well. I finally emerged from the dense pine forest to come across a waterfall, that flowed freely into a creek with large flat stones scattered across.  Close enough together for me to hop across and hopefully find the source of that delicious smell.

I started to jump from stone to stone until I was on the other side of the creek and looked back up where I could see the black smoke cloud above the enemies old camp, and then looked at the beatiful waterfall flwoing past the green rock that were covered in a deep green moss. It was foggy and you could barely see the other side, nor could you see more than fifteen feet in front of you. That's when it hit me fully, I wasn't in my territory anymore. I was in neutral land with no guards, blindly following the best thing I have ever smelt.

I continued to walk forward towards the smell, and I could feel my wolf had become restless.

"Syd, will you pleeeease follow that smell" My wolf Anya said in my head.

""What do you think I am doing?"

"Well go faster!" Silly wolf.

From what I could tell, I was in a large clearing, and I wasn't alone. I started walking towards what I think is the middle of the clearing, where the scent was the strongest.

"What are you doing here," A sexy voice said from behind me. I shivered as I turned around to see the shadow of a tall built man. I fought the strange urge to run towards him. He slowly started to walked towards me, and more detail became clear to me as he approached.  I listened to the grass being crushed underneath his feet with each step towards me and I could smell that the scent I was following definitely came from him.  He was tall with fair to olive skin with a sharp jaw line and predominant cheek bones with short black hair styled to the side with gel. He had beautiful brown eyes that almost glowed through the fog, and was wearing a tight v neck t shirt. I fought the urge to surrender to him and stood my ground. He was a gorgeous man to say the least.

"I could ask you the same question," I said standing tall as he continued to get closer. In moment that seemed like hours he was in front of me. I was forced to look up at his towering frame, he was easily and half foot taller than me, but that didn't stop me from admiring his handsome features further.

He smirked before he fanned his hand gently across my cheek, sparks erupted from my cheek as I leaned into his hand out of instinct.  I didn't want him to loose this amazing feeling of his hand against my skin.