Chapter 14

Xavier's POV

We had been searching for my precious mate going on three days now.  We've been searching everywhere.  Our little group still consists of Cameron, Alex, and Sam.  Sadly I never killed Sam, but I'm sure I will get the chance some day.

In the heat of everything, Cam and Alex got very close, and he actually marked her, though I don't see when they even had the time to do that.

Sam and I still remain in rough territory, I keep him on his toes with my tricks and pranks.

I can feel my pack trying to contact me, to make sure their future Alpha is in fact alright.  But that's the problem, I'm not.  I may physically be fine but I don't think I can be without my mate much longer before going rouge.  Before reverting back to all my primal instincts trying to find her.

I was walking back up the mountain to get a better view of the valley below.  We had come across her scent many times but lost it every time, pushing my wolf even more to embrace and take over with only his primary instincts.

I reached the top of the mountain and looked down scanning the trees for even a clue about where she could have gone.  The sky was a bright blue as the sun went higher in the sky with only a few big puffy white clouds scattered across the sky.  The tall pine trees that filled up the valleys and meadows stood tall in contrast to the palm trees I remember climbing when I had time with my mother.

Mother...

Words cannot describe how much I miss her.  She was taken to fast, to early... if only those stupid devils never-

My thoughts were interrupted when I saw a flock of birds leave the trees in a mass panic.  Squawking and flapping their wings wildly.  It was when I really focused I caught I quick glimpse of shimmering white fur running through the trees.  Without thinking, I ran down the mountain towards the wolf.  We chased each other as the wolf took sharp turns trying to lose me, but I could see them coming.  The wolf was fast I would give them that, as they sped through the trees avoiding me like I was death coming to drag them down to hell.   I finally got close enough to the wolf it's tail would occasionally brush over my nose making my wolf want to sneeze.  I took our closeness as an opportunity to pounce.  I launched myself into the air and landed on the wolf and sparks erupted in my paws and shot up my legs and made my entire body tingle.  As we rolled down the hill till we were in a green meadow filled with daisies and I was on top of the wolf. 

I looked down at the white silver wolf beneath me as she looked up at me, terrified.  My wolf growled, which only made her whimper when she saw my black wolf's fangs.  My wolf became furious with himself for scaring our mate.  All too quickly, he went down onto my mate making her whimper and whine as if in pain.  He inhaled her scent fully, and all thoughts of going rouge dissipated.  I pulled back to see her face, pained, and broken.  She had shifted back into her human form and lay beneath me completely nude, but I wasnt paying the slightest attention to her body, I was paying attention to her tear streaked face as even more tears rolled freely from her red puffy eyes.  She whimpered again as my wolf started moving towards her to lick the tears away, but paused.

"She thinks we are going to reject her..."  My wolf, Adrian, had said to me.

"What?! Why does she think that?!?" I almost screamed at him.

"Her wolf said that she thinks your cheating on her with her best friend.  Dude, she's really roughed up, she hasn't felt the bond since that night."

What?  She must have really thought I was going to reject her if her bond to me is that weak.  I decided to link Cameron to get him out here so I could shift and explain to her.

"Cameron, I found Sydney, get out here.  Oh, and can you please bring me some pants?"

I was so deep in my mind that I almost missed it when she whispered something under me.

"Do you have to rub it in..." She whispered looking off into the distance crying still.  My wolf tilted his head as he leaned down and this time succeeded in licking the tears from her cheeks, that is, until she grabbed my large snout and pushed me away, and this time my wolf whimpered.

I took a closer look at her now, her bright red hair was now brown with dirt and was matted up.  Her face was dirty too except her cheeks which were kept clean because of her constant crying.

"You didn't need to come after me," She paused and my wolf growled deep in his chest.  "I understand, if you want to be with her..." She said letting another tear slide down her cheek.  I snarled, I couldn't believe I had cause her so much pain, so much heartache, just because of a misunderstanding. "I'm ready to accept it..." no.

She turned to me, for the first time I've seen her today not shedding tears, she had a straight face on, but I could see in her eyes she was full of rage. disappointment, and sadness.  "I, Sydney Harrison, rejec-"

"SYDNEY!" I snapped my head around to see Cameron and Alex running towards us, and it was obvious that it was Alex, who didn't know what she stopped, who called out to Sydeny, and I was so thankful she screamed when she did or I'd likely be in even more pain then my broken mate.

Sydney growled at her friend, and her growl turned even more bitter and evil when she saw the mark on her friends neck.  She turned back to me, "YOU MARKED HER!" She screeched, making my wolf ears throb.  Cameron stood flabbergasted staring at this whole event unraveling in front of him.

Sydney wiggled out from under me and looked at me, now with simply pure rage, she was standing almost in a battle stance, like she was ready to take anything else that happened to be thrown her way.

"Pale scum," She mumbled and by instinct Cam growled at her, but she ignored him, only seeing red, and me and Alex in the middle of it.  "My father was right, you are all evil, killers, and you betray everyone you meet, even your mates." This time I was the one growling.  I noticed out of the corner of my eye Sam was approaching us, while my mates words were going to the bone for Cameron as he shifted into his chestnut wolf.

Her attention turned to her friend, and her expression softened, "How could you..." She whispered just as Sam arrived.

"I remember when I first met you, and you found I was a Red, I remember your disgusted face, when really, I should be disgusted to have you as a mate," her rage had returned, "To have such a despicable man, such as the Alpha of the goddam Pale Moon pack.  You betray all your mates, I bet even you own father cheated on your mother" She spat.

I almost didn't catch it when I saw Cameron lunge at her.  She shifted back into her white wolf and snarled at Cam.  They started snarling and growling at each other as if they had been enemies for decades.  I knew what Cameron was planning to do when he attacked, and I couldn't let it happen.  I lunged at Cameron and knocked him to the ground preventing his attack, snarling at his wolf until he submitted to me.  I looked back up and saw the tail of her wolf disappear into the think of the forest, and Sam running after her.

I jumped off Cam and pounce on Sam as he struggled and growled beneath me.

"Listen,  I'm the only one she isn't mad at right now, so I think it wise you get off and let me go talk to her!" he growled and my wolf returned the growl right back, but did as he said.  Anything to get my mate back.

Hey guys! I'm starting to type the story while I'm on the bus so it's still gonna take me a while to update ya know but I will try, and sorry for misspellings. 

OMG He finally found Sydney, who thinks Sydney went to far talking about Xavier's parents, and do you think that Xavier is too good for her?  Or do you think Sydney is victim since she believes she's been rejected for her best friend.

Please comment, vote, and tell your friends!  Thank you all so much for reading, I was so excited when I saw the reads I had yesterday I was inspired to finish this chapter early.

Love you all!

Bye!

-Redbird