Chapter 12

Xavier's POV

We picked up her scent northeast of greenwood.  We had searched there for hours but still couldn't find her.  Finally when Cam was going to relieve himself, he caught her scent.  It did make my wolf agitated when he already knew her scent, but this was not the time to challenge my beta.

We all set off on foot following my mates scent.  We thought about getting my best tracker to come but he was a gossip, the whole pack would know everything about Sydney within 10 minutes of them meeting.

Cameron shifted so he could use his wolf senses.  I worried that Alex wouldn't be able to keep up, but she kept with us just fine.

I tried not to let my mind wonder to my mate, I knew I would break down if I did.  I couldn't let it wonder, I just couldn't.

I stopped mid sprint when I heard a ruffling in the bushes a few feet away from me.  I stared at the bush with the most intensity.  If I stared any harder the bush would wilt under my gaze.  I continued to stare as Alex and Cam paused, and they looked at me as if i were a mad man.  I dared the bush to move.

Two small wolf pups rolled out from the bush.  I breathed out in relief, but not before anxiety retook me.  Another wolf emerged from the brush and watched the pups aswell.  It took the wolf a few minutes to realize we were there.  The wolf looked up at Cameron, who was easily 5 times bigger than her in his wolf form.  They seemed to be in a long and intense conversation when I focused my attention back on the pups.  The two cute and rascally, hopefully like Sydney and my future pups.  She surely will have her hands full.

I was happily playing with the pups when Alex came over to me.  She crouched down to the pups level to play with them.  I'm sure Cam is seeing this and is already planning for their own pups.

" She loves you ya know," Alex spoke softly running her finger down the pups spine down to the base of its tail.  "And though she'd never admit it, she's quite sensitive," She looked up at me with a wide smirk on her face, "and she's a hopeless romantic,"

I smiled.  My mate was so perfect.  Now if only I could find her.

My attention was snapped to Cameron when his wolf let out a bunch of wolf yips.  He glanced at me before sprinting forward deeper into the forrest stopping for only split seconds to get his bearings.  Alex and I took off after him staying close on his tail.

Cameron's POV

My wolf was a light brown, with cream on his face going down his stomach and to his paws.  He yipped as that wolf told us about my Luna's location, and we took off in her direction.  I knew Xavier would catch on, afterall, he was watching me very close this whole time, and I can't blame him.  I'd be watching any other male that knew Alex's scent.  Luckily, when Alex was barricaded Sydney's door with her stuff, I got a good wif.

Sure enough, as soon as I took off, Xavier and Alex stayed on my tail.  She looked so cute playing with those pups.  If only she knew how soon I had planned for us to make some pups of our own.

My wolf ran even faster when he caught Sydney's scent and howled in delight which just made Xavier run even faster.  He now ran right next to me and we glanced at each other before speeding forward.  Trees and bushes flashed by us as we dodged large trees and fallen logs.

I came to a sudden halt and Alex crashed into me.  Xavier only realized that I had stopped a few moments after when he was a good twenty feet ahead of me.

They both looked at me strangly as the reapproached me, but the one thing that made them catch on was the feral growl my wolf let out.  Alex seemed surprised by my wolf and slowly walked over to me and began running her fingers through my fur to calm me.  Xavier however went on full alert when he caught on to the problem.  Sydney's scent had faded, but there was one other thing, and I don't think Xavier is going to like it at all.

There was another male in the area.

Xavier's eyes turned black and his wolf took over.  He growled before he continued to follow the scents and Alex and I struggled to keep up with him.

I only realized what had happened next when I saw Xavier on the forest floor tackling another werewolf.

Sorry it took so long to update guys! School just started and I have an honors class I didn't know I was in, and some scary new teachers that assign lots of homework.  I probably won't be able to update as often as before but I will try, promise!  Thanks for reading and staying with me through the book this far!  Vote, comment, tell your friends and followers!!!  Thank you all so much!  Feel free to comment and stuff

Bye!

-Redbird