Chapter 15

Oh my god I can't believe I'm already writing chapel 15! Soo excited!  This is gonna be The end of Xavier's POV streak, after this I'm gonna go back to Sydney or maybe experiment and try it from Alex or Kat's point of view.

Xavier's POV

It has been 4 hours since I last saw Sam chasing after my mate into the southern woods. To say I was worried was an understatement.

Cam and Alex watched as I paced the camp site.  They sat snuggled up next to each other sitting on a old log Cam found nearby.  Alex hadn't said a word since Sydney ran away into the woods with Sam in tow, she just stared at the fire, occasionally poking it with a stick.

Cameron took another path.  He sat there chatting away about anything that popped into his head.  He'd ramble about sports, or sometimes movies, making sure that whenever he wasn't collecting fire wood he had his arm wrapped protectively around Alex's shoulder, nestling her into his chest.

I turned on my heel the instant I heard a twig snap behind me and the scent hit my nose.  It wasn't who I expected.

There, about 40 feet away was a doe.  Her tan hide seemed lighter as the fading sun light shone through the trees.  She watched me with intense black eyes.  Her thin legs slowly moved along and her long thin ears were perked up, listening to see if I was a threat.  She reminded me of Sydney.  Innocent.  I know that's probably not the word I should use...  Big eyes, vulnerable.  At any moment a hunter could sneak up behind her and load her up with buckshot.  At the same time, so strong, so willing to risk her life to protect her loved ones, her fawn.  I imagined Sydney would be the same with my pack, with our pups.  As soon as she gets over her hate for my pack that is.  Man, I never realized the temper my little minx had on her.  Though who am I to talk, I'm probably worse.

I sat down on the opposite log from Cam and Alex.  The fire rose high between us but I could still see Cam chatting and Alex in what seemed like an everlasting silence.  I barried my face in my hands.  I couldn't take this much longer, the sun was getting lower in the sky and my wolf was yelling at me to go after them.  What if they are hurt, or rogues got them.  What if Sam has stolen away our Sydney and taken her for himself.  What if Sam couldn't convince her to come back, and she just became even further out of my reach.  They were all what if's, and it was killing me inside not knowing my precious mates whereabouts.

A familiar males throat cleared bringing my attention out and my body snapped to attention  as I jumped to my feet.  Sam stood there, staring at me, my mate no where to be seen, and he was shirtless.  My wolf let out a low threatening growl as Sam walked cautiously towards me.

He placed a hand on my shoulder and glanced back then towards me, "don't screw this up pretty boy"

Just as he had finished that sentence her scent filled my nose, and I absent-mindedly followed that delicious smell until I reached a field of small white flowers.  By the time I got there, it was already dark, and the full moon was shining brightly in the sky illuminating the field, making her silver fur reflect the moon beams in different directions everytime the breeze caught it.

I treaded lightly towards her.  She sat in her wolf form near a flat rock.  Without scaring her off, I sat in the rock next to her and stared off into the distance the same as her.

"I'd like to apologize..." I started off, obviously this would be a one sided conversation.  When I said that she looked a little farther away from me, as though she was hoping to not catch a glimpse of my sincerity as if she knew I was lying.

"I never cheated on you, and I never marked Alex" her wolf growled at me, moving her head down and towards me a bit, and I put my hands up to show her I meant to not hurt her.

"I would never internationally hurt you Sydney.  This has all been one big misunderstanding...  When you told me who you were, I freaked out.  My father already knew I had found my mate from your pack, and I needed a plausible person for... well, for you to pose as for the time being until I became alpha and we could unite the packs." Her stance softened.

"So, I was digging through some files, and Alex just happened to be a high rank in your pack, so that's who I told my father you were... I'm so so sorry Sydney.

"And I promise I wasnt the one who marked Alex!  It turns out that actually Cameron, my beta, is mates with her, and in searching for you, they decided to mark eachother."  By this time her wolf was looking directly at me.

"So you see Sydney, I never meant to hurt you!  I was just trying to protect you, in my own way... I mean it was a stupid idea but-" I was cut off by a pair of sweet lips crashing into mine.  Sydney was back in her human form and had her arms wrapped around my neck, pulling me closer to her, and her body lay on top of mine.

I broke the kiss and stared into her vibrant green eyes.

"I love you Sydney Harrison..."

She looked shocked, and I started to freak out thinking it was too soon.  I was pleasantly surprised once again when she pecked my lips and leaned back away from me with a wide smile on her face with her arms still around my neck holding me close to her.

"I love you too."

Oh my GOD!  Can you believe it!?  Well comment and tell me if you do.  And if you liked this short chapter, please vote.  I will try to update again soon but no promises!

-Bye!

Redbird