~Chapter 40~

thanks so much for all the reads I rlly appreciate it !

--------

"You want me to do what?"

"What's the problem? You've probably done it once or twice."

"!!"

"Oh my god. You're probably the most ignorant, sarcastic, emotional woman I have ever met."

"Speaking about yourse- ow."

"You heard me the first time, now will you do it or not?" Kogami bored down on me. I puffed out my cheeks.

"Um...no?" I smiled nervously.

"You've probably guessed, but I'm not taking 'no' for an answer."

"I don't want to!" I almost shouted.

"How so?" He clicked his tongue. I'm guessing he's starting to get impatient.

"Well... I don't feel comfortable doing that..."

"I don't give a **** about your feelings. Orders from Ginoza."

I deadpanned. I've made politicians, police, doctors, neighbours and even pizza delivery guys run to the hills away from me, and now the MWPSB wanted me to join them?

"I don't understand why you would want me to be a part of the psycho killing squad!" My tongue slipped. Kogami raised an eyebrow. Damn. "Oh- I meant MWPSB... not..."

Kogami waved my words away, bringing his dominator out. Immediately I went into defence mode. Why was he bringing that out this early in the morning?

"You have many skills that would be useful to the 'psycho killing squad'." He continued, blowing some invisible dust off his dominator. "You would be a great asset to the team."

I thought about his offer a little.

It won't be that bad, maybe you can get a free dominator and some kudos!

No. I'm not doing it. I would never join the MWPSB's top enforcer group.

Try telling him that~

My eyes flitted to his. Swirling grey eyes. Like a storm. I immediately broke away, intimidated by the murderous intent radiating off them. My throat suddenly became dry as I tried to swallow, bringing a hand up to pull at a strand of hair.

"I appreciate your offer, but-"

Click. Whirr~

I didn't dare say another word, and Kogami relished in that with a deep, hollow laugh. I soon painfully realised why. The number on the door was flickering between 58 and 59, just teasingly lingering on 59 before falling back. Where was my tungsten bracelet when I needed it?

"Why are you getting so worked up?" He asked. "It's not like I'm going to kill you."

That's what he said, but before I knew it, I was staring straight into the barrel of the gun. I could feel my heartbeat send blood roaring through my ears and to the tips of my fingers. On instinct, I moved away.

Kogami retracted his dominator and scrutinised the mild look of terror on my face, the slight part in my lips, and the surprisingly steady gasps of air leaving my lungs.

"I'm not allowed to anyway, Zara Evergreen."

~END~