~Chapter 21~

lol k 

--------

Should I just let them drug me? It would be easier- right? It wouldn't hurt that much, and the nightmares wouldn't be that bad- right? 

what the hell?! no wAY! i feel this as well y'know- stop being so selfish!

I gingerly held out my arm, earning a sigh from the pair. Let's just get it over and done with.

you're such a killjoy sometimes- we could've raised our Crime Coefficient three times higher before they would've caught us!

Mels smile was heartwarming, and I almost considered giving her one back before realising what she was going to do. "Thank you, Zara." She smiled, "You know this is our last resort in case you do anything stupid-okay hun?"

Kyle beamed, but still held my arm in an iron-grip, just in case I tried to run away. I actually had tried that before, it took them another half an hour to catch me again and boy was that hilarious. Kyle held a tube filled with clear blue gas in his left hand, at least, it looked like a gas. It was actually liquid oxygen with other things mixed in; a condensed form that would try and knock me out for a couple of hours. It was one of the only ways of treating the really really high Crime Coefficient.

"Your Crime Coefficient is a reading of, 700." 

Mels breathed out slowly. I bit my lip and looked away, hearing the click of Kyle placing the tube in the syringe. Looking back, I realised with terror how sharp the needle was. My heart rate skyrocketed, the muscle painfully pounding against my chest. 

ok listen alright i've weighed up the pros and cons of this and i think we need to make use of the 'fight or flight' function and flight-

"Actually, I think I'll be fine!" I sang in joyous terror, attempting to pull away from Kyle's grip. It was like somebody had melted iron over my arm- completely unbreakable. I started to panic for the umpteenth time that day and used my whole body weight to throw myself off the bonnet.

quICLY JUS THROW YOURSAEL OFF YOLL BE FINE

"It'll take 5 seconds, Zara." Kyle encouraged, tightening his grip. I shook my head and sprung around like a spring on steroids. Mels held my legs and my other arm behind my back, twisting it the same way I had done- so I couldn't move. The bonnet chilled my cheek, and if I moved Mels' weight would crush me. No offence to her. 

I had no choice but to stay still. Mels sweetly took my glasses off and covered my eyes with her free hand. Her large hands enveloped me in a scary darkness, but it was preferable to anything else. She mouthed something to Kyle, placing her scarf into my mouth. 

"I'm going to do it in three, Zara. Okay?" Kyle spoke, ruffling my hair. My chest rose unevenly on the bonnet and tears starting wetting Mels' hand. It was going to be terrible, the suspense and fear were almost swallowing me whole. My conscience wasn't exactly helping either- murmuring something about a happy place. "Three, two-" 

The shock's always the worst. Then it's the electric shock that follows. I always debated whether it was the muscle burn or the electric shock that hurt the most- but it has to be the muscle burn. The liquid pushes itself through my bloodstream, delivering ounces of pain to every muscle until the only sensation I can feel is pain. In my feet. In my head. In my arms. The injected arm feels like it's about to burst. My throat hurts. But I can't tell if it's muscle pain or just screaming. 

Kyle took the sharp thing out. Mels stroked my hair over and over again, trying to comfort me from the ravaging pain that had silenced even my conscience. Kyle had draped his jacket over my head from the crowd that were still there after all this time. 

"Wha.. ..goi.. on ..ere?" A blurred voice asked.

"...nfection and ne.. to take ..jections!" Mels sighed, keeping a tight grip on my now shaking limbs. 

~Stage 1: Electric Shock~

~Stage 2: Burning Pain~

~Stage 3: Shaking Pain~

~Stage 4: It's time for you to pass out!~

It's like a hyped version of shivering basically. Not very much pain just immobility mostly. It was made foremost to stop latent criminals so immobility was a must. The next stage was the overwhelming fatigue. As Kyle and Mels explained to the blurry face, I sat up, body aching.

I could just sleep right here- I bet it's nice... 

NO. 

But I'm so tired, I might as well just sleep...

My eyes were on the verge of closing, barely able to recognise the contrasting red and blue outside and inside my pale skin. I was too weak to hold myself up, and rolled off the bonnet onto the floor. The pain was numbed, so I couldn't feel much. 

The group turned around and surveyed me on the floor. I fixed my gaze to the blurry face. Slowly, Mels leaned down and slipped my glasses back on, and I continued staring at the police officer. We kept eye contact for about a minute, before I flopped backwards onto the tarmac. 

~NIGHTMARE LAND~

I slammed onto the floor, swallowing a mouthful of dirt as I went. With a rugged sigh, I hopped up and watched the hellish landscape piece together. After shifting for quite some time, it became a black, plain, ruins. This was meant to be the furthest depths of my conscience- the ground was charred black and dotted with smoking ruins as far as the eye could see. If you could call it a sky, it was grey and dismal, with black stars shooting across its berth. This place was just depressing- it's always the same monotonous colours, maybe the occasional splash of white. Can't my mind change the colours? I want to go to the land where the sheep tried to attack me- at least that's happier than this!

Suddenly, I felt somebody watching me. No, not me. Through me.

Is that even possible?

Maybe it is. 

Is this the MWPSB's work?

Probably.

If you're going to experience this with me, I'll let you know. I wrote on the dust of the ground.

~END~