~Chapter 33~

right

--------

"Alright, alright, don't go overboard~!" I joked. Mother scoffed and sent me flying to the opposite wall. The thud made me groan, and I was more scared for the wall than myself, honestly. "You really don't mess around!"

My turbulent personality was shining through the clouds of this grey day and wasn't going to leave until someone knocked it out of me. That person was rearranging their clothes in front of me.

Mother wiped her hair, brushing the dust off her blue dress. She then began reapplying her blue eye shadow, and I took note of her blue contacts. I must've messed her schedule up, pulled her away from her blue office a bit longer than she would have liked. It's not a coincidence that she likes blue and dominators are blue. She has a strange obsession with dominators, and her power means she can have as many as she wants.

She is the mayor of our city, Ms. Evergreen. Her winning slogan was 'We must help those who cannot help themselves': a nice sentiment. But because I'm a latent criminal, she immediately began funding the hospitals to help me. It only made everyone treat me weirdly in my childhood; she was helping herself. It let her climb the political ladder and eventually become mayor.

What's the point of this confrontation- I'll still have to meet Akane anyway.

If I didn't have to meet Akane at the end of the day, I would've pummeled you into the ground by now. Every cell in my body wants to destroy you but that'll have to wait.

"You made the right choice. Here. This is Akane's address." She whispered, giving me an unexpected kiss on the cheek.

what was that?

you feel like you belong?

...

you probably look like an idiot smiling to yourself, just go to Akane's house and binge on her food or something.

I can't just binge on her food, that would be rude.

Technically, you're already in a high-Crime-Coefficient-dark-Hue-hyped-up-party-animal-state so it wouldn't be rude.

Right. Let's just get there first.

After finishing my mental conversation, I rushed down the corridor and ran down some stairs. Don't think I know where I'm going, because I don't.

~TIMESKIP BROUGHT BY AKANE & THE ENFORCER SQUAD~

I think this was the place. It had Akane's name on the postbox outside and pretty much looked like a place Akane would live. Boring street. Boring house. Boring people. Exactly like Akane.

I stuffed my hands in my pocket, cursing for leaving my gloves at home in the cold. I felt something dusty, and uncomfortable. I brought them out slowly and saw that they'd been covered in the black dust. Great, now I look like I've been ripping through the underground to get to your flat Akane.

I tried to wipe them on my jeans, realising my mistake pretty quickly. Update: Now I look like I've crawled through the underground while ripping it apart. I tried to stay insuspicious coming here, and I had tried so hard to perfect the art of sneaking past hologram police. They didn't even move an inch when I sneakily sneaked past them.

Okay, Zara. Just act natural and Akane won't suspect you of anything. Not like you did anything. Wait- did I do something? I quickly looked around to see if anyone was lying passed out on the floor or something was on fire. Nothing but a small old lady walking her ginormous husky, phew.

I rang the buzzer. It beeped and connected to Akane's flat. I timidly called my name out and there was a pause, then clattering. Oh no. I waited for a while before somebody flung open the door. Jumping back, I saw that it was Akane and relaxed, a bit. She looked me up and down, taking in my sorry sight.

"Hi."

"Hi...?"

~END~