~Chapter 15~

hoiya take 2

--------

I crouched down and wrenched her quivering jaw to face me. Her crew were sprawled across the seats, but some had already passed out.

"Who sent you here?" I growled with an innocent tone. I was trying to hold onto the shred of my personality I had left. My conscience's angry whispers in my mind didn't exactly help.

The woman, still unnamed, opened her lipsticked lips and murmured words before her head rolled back. Some leader of the troupe she was. I let go of her chin and watched as she landed with a thud on the aisle. I tutted before pulling myself up with a grunt, regretfully gazing at her limp body. My conscience started shouting vulgar words that I don't even want to mention.

"Why can nobody ever answer me? It's not like I'm gonna kill you guys..."

Okay, even in my crazed state I understand, I may look like a crazy latent criminal, but in order to get rid of the latent criminal, you need to give them what they want- right?

"The MWPSB didn't send us!" A young man bravely called out. "They... they... don't even-"

annoying.

In one swift movement, I had grabbed his arm and twisted it so he was showing his back to me. He bit back a howl. I went on my tip toes to reach his ear.

"The clue is to tell me who sent you- and not who didn't." I breathed, feeling him struggle against my iron grip. I could feel his hand trembling; his heart beat through his nice-smelling jumper, which... smelt nice.

Like flowers and other nice stuff, like laundry!

It was silent for quite a while. I had to rest by lowering myself to the floor again. His squared shoulders hid me completely.

The silence left me paralysed. I didn't actually hurt him- did I? "Are you... okay?"

Pull yourself together, your sympathy always lets you down.

After looking-

Floor painfully slammed against my back. All the rage I had kept inside was unleashed on one unlucky person. Even though he was pinning me down
my shoe jerked into his face and teeth bit his hand at the same time, while spinning and shoving him into plastic. Keep in mind that we were in a narrow, cramped bus that was sealed off from the rest of the world, so I think it was a pretty impressive feat that I even managed to aim a kick that high.

I had experienced some pretty rough things, and he was now one of the worst. Even with my increased strength, stamina and agility, his arm locked around my neck on several occasions- and I barely fought my way out. The others, too frightened to get involved in the dog fight, were tending to their now-fainted-leader. They sometimes made comments at our fight.

like: smash her head in paul!!

Eventually, after his muscles let him down, I threw him down in a final sweep. He was panting and practically passing out from exhaustion, while I was standing up ready to take on the rest of the troupe. See the difference? Stepping over him carefully, I wiped my sweaty palms on my coat. Foolishly I decided to redo my hair.

"Who was it?" I directed towards the crowd. They didn't respond.

At that moment, my toggle snapped, I brushed my glasses off my nose, and hair cascaded to my shoulders. The rush of adrenaline juddered my body away from the crowd. I quickly pulled my hair back, searching the faces of the crowd if they had recognised anything. Their faces were of terror, as usual. Slowly, I put my glasses on and dug another bobble out of my pocket.

You're probably wondering why I was so worried about them recognising me. When I was younger (5-17 years old), I used to frequently have Crime Coefficient spikes. 'Rages' as they were called. I was known as simply, Zara. The latent criminal everyone should stay away from.

There are hundreds of Zara's out there, so if you say you're called 'Zara' nothing will happen. Not like anyone would call their child Zara anymore after me. Unless they're some brave parents. The bad thing is, I despised glasses and let my hair fall down naturally back then. My hair is a sparkly sort of hair; it has many shades of both brown and blonde. So if anybody saw and recognised, I think they would-

"AHHHH!"

Everyone snapped their eyes to the woman who had miraculously awoke. She was gripping on her comrades, twitching.

"It's...it's-"

Before I realised what I was doing, my shaking fingers had wrenched her hair forewards, bringing her face inches to mine.

"Say it, and see what happens..." I threatened, fingernails curling into hair.

Her feminine features were highlighted by the long flicks of eyelashes and slight red tinge to her lips. Jaw, well defined and shaped, was a smooth line that encased the bottom of her face- the rounded cheeks that were present. The curtain of fringe had been pulled aside to reveal the emeralds that lay under.

"ZA-!" The floodgates opened without hesitation.

My pale hand darted forward and gripped her slim neck, lifting it up so she was dangling off the ground. The crew protested immediately and rose, reaching for their leader. In response, I tightened my hold and watched as her strangled gasps etched their way into their minds and forced them to sit back down.

yeAH SIT BACK DOWN YOU-

The overhead lights cast a dim yellow glow to her already reddening face. I felt strangely happy as my fingers dug into her skin. Is this what happens to all the other latent criminals? Do they feel this feeling? Do they become what they are?

A sadistic smile wormed its way onto my lips, but the rest of my body was still. The choking sounds were getting increasingly frantic and struggling only brought a tighter grip. Eyes grew as wide as saucers. The hope drained from them, right in front of me.

She's going to die.

Yes.

I would make it that these heartless people would spent their last moments of living in pain and suffering.

It's what they deserved.

~END~