~Chapter 8~

Thanks for reading! <3 wow this is a bit cringey

--------

Pain. Heat. Quickly took over my arm. I could hear my conscience gasping and coughing. Even if she was in my mind, all the drugs had an effect on her too.

The drug forced itself through my blood, and I could feel myself getting drowsier by the second.

Take the watch off take it off take it off!

iM tRyiNg

quiCKLY- AH OWOWOW

aHHSHSHSHKAKB

I quickly tried to peel the watch off, clenching my hand to keep me awake. Obviously it didn't come off. The needle was still inside, so the watch was locked on.

wHY DID YOU GO AROUND SNOOPING

YOU TOLD ME TO

WHY WOULD YOU LISTEN TO ME

YOURE MY CONSCIENCE UR MEANT TO BE HELPFUL

THE LAST TIME I GAVE YOU ADVICE IT WAS TO TRY JUMPING OFF OUR OLD HOUSE TO SEE IF YOU COULD FLY AND YOU SAW HOW WELL THAT TURNED OUT

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU THINK THAT ANYWAY I WAS HOSPITALISED FOR A MONTH

JUST CONSCIENCE PROBLEMS

DO YOU WANT ME TO HAVE A TALK WITH YOU? DO YOU FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE WITH YOUR BODY?

SHUT UP MUM

As my conscience and I screamed at each other, I tried slamming my watch against the table to make it give up. Electrical sparks flew out, and the watch gave up. Luckily it didn't electrocute me.

umm

okay

Slowly, I held my watch up to the Holo-Board, making the board flicker and vanish.

whoopsy daisy, look who broke it~

Did I break it? Maybe I did.. Never mind.

I yawned and got up from my chair, slowly walking past all the empty desks and into the corridor. After the endless mazes of offices I made it to the dining room and peeked round the door. The large room has several floors and open spaces, filled with chairs and tables in the colour palette of mainly grey and black. Everything seemed normal, apart from a group of sophisticated adults in the middle, looking around.

The first, a woman, was shorter than the others and had short brown hair accompanied with brown eyes. She seemed to be wearing a black skirt and white blouse, with a black jacket and tights. The next was a man, had black straight hair and a disgusted look on his face. He also had glasses and was in a black suit like the rest of them.

A man with black hair also was talking to the woman, and  his hair was spikier than the other one. Then there was a man in a brown jacket and a smirk on his face, with brownish hair and a wide face. The last had auburn hair and a stupid grin plastered on his face, and had his hands in his pockets.

I wonder why they're here, looking so serious like they wanted to kill someone.

Nevermind, they're probably some decorators. Slowly I slipped through the door and tiptoed around the extra chairs to the counter, where Jeanine was. She was a middle-aged woman with a rounded physique, brown hair and eyes and wrinkles when she smiled. Jeanine was the nicest lunch lady in the universe.

"Zara, you're here very early! What brings you here dear?" She whispered, glancing over my shoulder.

"Uhh, it's my-"

"What's the occasion?"

"Ah, it's just my birthday today..."

"Really?! Oh dear, I'll go fetch you one of our finest cakes!" She exclaimed, rushing off into the kitchen.

"Jeanine! No! Come-back here!" I hoarsely whispered. I tried to crawl over the counter, and then deciding against it. I looked around the corner at the group still talking, and brought out some money from my pocket.

Suddenly, Jeanine bustled the doors carrying a full chocolate cake. She walked over and placed it in front of me, pushing me down and my outstretched hand filled with money away.

"I can't eat all of this! It's too much and I need to pay you!" I grabbed her hand and put750 Yen into her hands, struggling a bit seeing as I'm used to British Pounds.

"Fine! I'll take this but this is my treat! You must eat it all or I'll tell all the staff about your condition!" She threatened, waggling a finger at me. I paused and looked at her, then slowly began eating and looked behind me.

"Jeanine, who are they?" I asked through bites.

"They're from the MWPSB dear, apparently someone tried to log into their files this morning, but before they could track it the device was destroyed! It's going to be real quiet today, they've asked everybody not to come, apart from the few people who really want to." She finished, and I stared at her open mouthed.

"Could you have..?" She asked wide eyed, gesturing to my rebooting watch. I slowly nodded and gave a horrified look towards the MWPSB.

"Why did you do that? What happened?"

"I was bored at 4:00am.. I hadn't tried the Holo-Board out before and I just got curious.. But before I could do anything the watch started drugging me, so I slammed it on the table and I just brought it up to the screen and bam. Dead Holo-Board."

"I trust you Zara, you wouldn't do anything bad, you and your innocent mind was probably curious!"

~END~