~Chapter 16~

Thanks for reading! <3

jeez was I really this dark

--------

"Please.. Think... of my child..."

Beams of light slid through the emeralds in her eyes and rendered them powerless. Her child had a captivating glow to it, like glimmering constellations in a night sky. I didn't know if my eyes were getting hazy, or if he was actually shining, like-

Like an angel.

My arm went slack, dropping the woman, who wheezed and spluttered for air. Purple pearls decorated her neck, sending me off with a chill as I twisted to him.

"Why?"

I faltered. His voice reverberated through my head for what seemed like an eternity, but was a small buffer to my conscience.

"Why? Why did you do that? Why am I all alone? Does nobody love me?"

Why does it sound so familiar? It makes me want to comfort him..

"Hey..." I squatted so I was looking up at him, and immediately sprung back.

The impact carved its way into the metal grooves of his face. He was sparking, cables protruding from his cheek bones. The dots of red in the sockets were flickering, and every tear that came from them sounded on the floor, revealing a strange rhythm that locked my attention onto it with every passing second. 

drip. drop. drip. drop. drip drip. drop drop.

Managing to break myself from the stupor, I flung myself away and over the crowd at a breath-taking speed.  Part of me was screaming 'YES I MADE THAT JUMP YOU UNFIT SCUM I PROBABLY BROKE THE LONG JUMP RECORD' and the other was just screaming. I seized the metal curtain and tossed it aside as if it was a used tissue. 

I run because 1. I'm terrified oF CHILDREN and 2. If somebody scares me I can revert back to normal. That I've never told anyone, for obvious reasons. I mean, would y'like having someone scare you to calm you down? No.

The troupe were left in stunned silence. Outside was like a punch to my system. Crowds were gathered on the other side of police tape, and several officers had already clocked my presence. I skidded to a halt and bounded back into the bus. When I saw the troupe there, I ran back outside- but the police were there! It was like a haunting game of hide and seek, for crying out loud!

Bus.

Street.

Bu-

Two things clamped around my arms and brought me into their chest. Everything was so bright. So crowded. So noisy. I started losing my strength, and steadily floated back down from the cloud of fear.  I could feel everything- every bruise, every cut. Guess I was back to my normal self.  Regardless of who the hug was from, I was using them as a leaning post for now.

Ah, such a killjoy.. I'm gonna take a nap Zara. I feel... tired.

"You've gotten into more trouble haven't you?" A playfully familiar voice laughed.

My face was still burrowed into the chest of said person. It took my eyes a while to focus, but it only took a few seconds for me to realise who it was. The familiar tufts of hair were my cue to jump back and begin tottering in painful circles. I didn't think the MWPSB would find me here! I thought I could be free of them for one day! They would find absolutely everything out, end of story!

Eventually I sat down with a thud on the concrete and watched the Earth spin in defeat. All the crowds were rocking back and forth, their loud chattering toying with my ears.

Was this post-traumatic shock?

I don't get post-traumatic shock!

"You should be alright now, you've gone through quite a shock." Akane smiled in a blurry haze. I sheepishly looked away.  "Don't worry, your attackers have already been taken away. They were dominator pirates." 

"H-huh?" I spoke, lips barely leaving their position in fear I would throw up.

"They attack dominator users like the MWPSB, steal their dominators and hack them,  going round and attacking on anyone they've found. Because you most likely had a high Crime Coefficient once before, they targeted you." 

"IT'S ZARA! THAT'S HER! GET AWAY FROM THAT MONSTER!" 

The troupe leader was clutching onto one of her comrades, an accusing finger directed straight at me. 

No. 

"A-Akane?"

~END~