31. matter

matter : to be important

* * *

"You have to be kidding right?" Emma said just after Bae had pointed a guy in the corner of the bar.

"Wait, why... Oh, nevermind, I understand." Robin said.

"Why?" Bae asked.

"I never told you that the Killian I... had a relationship with ten years ago became Captain Hook." Emma admitted.

"You like lying about guys, huh?" Regina pointed out.

"I don't like to share my painful relationships with others!" Emma said to defend herself.

"Wait, you're the one he- okay, it's okay, we'll work it out." Bae replied before walking towards the table where Killian was sitting. He took the seat in front of him. "Looking quite sad." Bae pointed out.

"Who are you?" Killian asked as he lifted his head up.

"Don't recognize me do you? I have to admit I grew a lot. You haven't changed one bit."

"Wait... No, it can't be. I heard you left this realm." the captain said. "Baelfire?"

"Indeed." he replied with a grin.

"Wow, I never thought I'd see you again!" he said as a smile appeard on his face. "Hey, boy! Get this man some rum!" he then added as he turned his head towards one of the waiters and his eyes crossed Emma's. The blonde looked away before walking out of the tavern, followed by her two friends.

"I've got no time for rum. I need your help. My boy, he's been taken by Pan's shadow. Emma and I are-" he said, forgetting for a second that the pirate in front of him had a history with the mother of his child.

"Emma? You mean the one who was just there?" Killian asked.

"Yes. We... She and her friends are helping me to get Henry back. But I need your help to get to Neverland. Pan's shadow took him and who knows what will happen to him."

Meanwhile, Emma had just left the tavern and another voice called her.

"Hey, blondie!" she heard.

"You again? What are you doing here?" she asked Jack.

"Having some rum of course!" he said and lifted his flask. "Beautiful night to have some. Well, they are always beautiful, right?"

"Right." Emma answered.

"Emma, you okay?" Regina asked as she got outside, followed by Robin.

"Yeah, sure." she replied.

"Oh, hello!" Jack said. "Sorry to interrupt. You blondie's friends? I'm Captain Jack Sparrow."

"Yeah we are. How do-" Regina started.

"He gave me a ride to see my parents and I saw him after almost dying." Emma quickly explained. "Found your ship yet?" she then asked him.

"Yep. A ship and a crew. Captain again and celebrating with rum!" he lifted his flask once more.

The door opened again, Bae and Hook were getting out of the tavern.

"Let's go." Bae said.

"You have a way to Neverland?" Robin asked.

"I still had beans. However, we might not be able to use those for the return trip." Hook added.

"Don't worry about that, I've got it." Bae declared. The three friends followed the two men going to the docks. Behind them, Jack waived goodbye.

"Bye blondie! I'll see you around!"