17. loss

loss : an instance of losing / a person that is lost

*  *  *

Emma had stayed in the ship, just like the rest of the crew. Only Liam and Killian had left to set foot on the island and retrieve that plant that Killian had told her about.

It wasn't that long until they came back and when Killian arrived in the cabin, he looked exhausted. He told her everything, the dreamshade, Liam, the boy, the water that saved him. He tolf her she was right about the king, he was not a good man.

He finally left again, to go check on his brother and offered her to come. She had not left the cabin in a while. They both got to the cabin at the end of the ship very quickly, where Liam was looking at himself through the mirror, arranging his shirt.

"Hi brother, Emma." he simply said.

"How are you feeling?" Killian asked.

"Ship shape." Liam replied. Emma glared at Killian that she knew was worried but his eyes were fixed on his older brother. "Killian, I should have listened to you." he added. Emma stayed near the door, not wanting to interfere while Killian took a few steps towards Liam.

"I'm just glad you survived." Killian admitted. "What now brother?"

"We reveal our king's cowardice."

"Well let's hope the realm sides with us." Killian declared and that's when Emma spoke up.

"Trust me, it will." she said.

"To fight back using that kind of weapons is, as you say, bad form." Liam added. Emma smiled, rethinking about all those times she heard Killian say those words to sailors. Liam put his vest on and Killian helped him tie it up.

"I will follow you, to the end of the earth brother." he declared.

"All hands on deck! Prepare for landing!" they heard from above. Everyone grabbed onto something as the boat got back on the water. Killian rushed to the window. "Come, Emma." he said. She walked over to him and grabbed his hand as both of them stared at the sea and its waves. Killian chuckled.

"It's beautiful." Emma declared.

"As I told you." Killian replied.

"So, are you both going to report to the admiratly when we arrive at port?" Emma asked him.

"Well, that's if Liam wants some company. Right Liam?" he said and turned around.

Liam was struggling to breathe. He fell to the floor just when the two lovebirds turned around.

"Liam?" Killian asked again before he started running towards him and repeatinf his brother's name over and over. Emma got to him to, she was on her knees in front of the two brothers. Killian held Liam in his arms.

"What should I-" Emma started saying, but Killian wasn't listening. Her eyes stopped on the captain's arm. She pulled out his sleeve to reveal his arm, compleatly black just as he took his last breath.

Tears fell on Killian's face as he looked to his brother still in his arms. He was lost, he tried to convince himself that he had not just lost him. He saw his arm, compleatly black and knew it was the poison, but he tried to ignore it. It could not be true.

Emma watched the heartbreaking scene with tears in her eyes as well. The only thing she could do, was put her hand on Killian's. No words could make him feel better. He had just lost his brother, his only family.

*  *  *

Emma was hiding in the crowd of sailors. Her hood on her head somehow made her invisible to others. But they all had one thing in mind, the death of their captain.

They let his body fall in this ocean and he was gone, really gone.

"This belong to you now, Captain." a sailor spoke up as he gave a satchel to Killian, stading in the middle of the crowd. He hesitated before taking it and looked at the insignia.

"You will never leave my side, brother." he whispered. "We are sworn to serve the king and the realm." he said to the crew and gave back the satchel to a man and grabbed a torch. "They sent us to retrieve an unthinkable poison. One that killed our dear Captain. He left the small stool and walked over to a higher place of the deck, right under the sail of Pegasus, the thing that made it possible for them to fly to Neverland. "Never again, should anyone set sail to that cursed land." he lifted the torch, causing the sail to set on fire and was quickly destroyed. "And never again, shall we take such orders. Serving the king, fighting his wars! That is the way of dishonor! And all of you who disagree flee now or walk the bloody plank! For those who stay will be free men and I will be your Captain."

All the sailors cheered, agreeing to their new Captain.

"We'll sail under the crimson flag and we'll give our enemies no quarter!" Killian kept on going. All of his rage, he was letting it all out. "We'll take what we please and we'll live by our own rules! For that is the best form of all!" he said and the crowd cheered and cheered again. "Our kingdom is corrupted and immoral. They took my brother from me and I'm gonna take everything they've got, starting with this ship." he said and jumped on deck. "Bring the paint from below! It's time we rename this vessel. We no longer sail as the Jewel of the Realm. We now sail as the Jolly Roger!" Killian said as he took of his vest, part of his uniform representing the kingdom. The uniform he would always wear. He threw the vest over board. "And when they come for us, I want them to know exactly what we are! Pirates!"

They cheered once more, but Emma stayed silent.

"For at least among thieves there is honor!" he finished.

"Long live Captain Jones!" a sailor shouted. "Captain Jones! Captain Jones!" the crew continued.

Killian looked around until his eyes met Emma's. She already knew that without his brother, he was a compleatly changed man and she wondered if she could find a way to bring Lieutenant Jones again.

Sorry this chapter is mostly rewriting 3x05 but those scenes were very important! The pirate part is coming, I hope you're ready!
And who saw the episode? And the promo? Because I'm just... I'm just dead. It's too much for me xd