19. alone

alone : without anyone or anything else / feeling unhappy because of being separated from other people

*  *  *

As much as Killian loved Emma, his anger would always beat the feelings he had for her. She was just like his anchor, but without her, all he felt was hate. He just wanted revenge.

It wasn't long before he became a well-known pirate. People, other pirates or sailors, would talk about it, but never in a good way. As he was at sea and Emma stayed on the ground, she heard stories and everytime, she wished they were all false. When she'd ask Killian about it, he would just ignore it and talk about something else.

Once, she came near the docks in hope to find him. Captain Jones and his crew were supposed to stop nearby. She waited, hidden as always. She was also starting to get known by everyone, as a thief, acting with Regina. However, she kept on bringing the taxes back to the poor and only stealing what was necessary to survive. She and Regina were becoming like that thief people would also talk about, Robin Hood from Sherwood Forest.

Emma was hidden behind a pile of big wooden boxes and saw Killian with his crew. A man walked over to them, and another, both in uniforms of the crown.

Emma started during the whole scene, but her mind stuck on one thing. His sword crossing the heart of both guards and his laugh right after. Just like the stories she heard. He was a killer, he had no mercy, he only wanted revenge.

The crew left, still laughing and talking and Killian walked over where he knew Emma would be hiding like she always was. He had put his sword back in it's scabbard, to hide the blood, hoping she had not seen anything. He thought she was not at the docks yet, but he was wrong.

"What did you do?" he heard. She was standing just behind her. "I can't believe those stories were true."

"What stories?" he asked as he finally put his eyes on her.

"You killing people, innocent or not. You becoming a man you never were. That's not you, Killian." she declared. "I know it is not you."

"Emma..." he started and tried to grab her hand but she took a step back.

"Why? Why are you doing this? I know you're hurt, but killing people won't bring Liam back!" she told him.

"Those people," he started, trying to explain himself. "they work for the crown, they are the ones who killed my brother. They are not innocent!"

"They are, Killian! Maybe the king is guilty, or that little guy from Neverland, but those poeple, they are just like you were before. They had faitj in a king they thought was noble, just like you did just a few weeks ago."

"You do not understand, Emma..."

"No, I do. Killian Jones is gone. The Captain won, he filled you with anger and a desire for revenge. The man I love, he's gone." she said and closed her eyes. Those words hurt her as much as it hurt him.

"It's still me, Emma." he spoke after a little while.

"No, it's not." she declared. "It's not you. Killian's gone." she spoke with tears in her eyes before turning on her heels and walking away. He knew better than to run after her because he knew she was right. He was not the man she fell in love with and he was afraid that this man had completely dissapeard.

It's at this moment that they both realised they had lost the only person they had left.

They were alone. Alone and hurt.

I don't know why I write stuff that hurts even me, but yeah, that had been the plan since the beginning of the fanfic. I'm sorry guyyys! There is going to be a jump in time in the next chapter and Pirates of the Carribbean is coming soon :)
I hope you liked the chapter even if it's sad and short :$ I'll try to update soon :)
• believe__inmagic •