20. swan

swan : a large usually white bird that lives on or near water and that has a very long and graceful neck

*  *  *

Years later.

She was standing in front of a tree. She sighed. She ripped the wanted posted from the tree. The drawing didn't even really look like her.

With her hood hiding her face, she kept walking in the forest. She had her bow and arrows in her back and her sword in it's scabbard. But she would not use them, most of the time. Because she was not that kind of person.

She finally made it back home, the tree trunk. Her mind was made, she was going. She started packing some of her stuff, just as Regina came back.

"Somewhere you need to be?" she asked.

"I'm leaving for a few days." Emma replied.

"Where, if I may ask?"

"Doesn't matter. You were with Robin again?" she asked to change the subject.

"I was." Regina said. "Emma, what's going on?"

Emma had changed a lot in all those years. What happened with Killian, it made her tougher and stronger, but also afraid of trusting anybody. The only friend she had was Regina and that was enough. On the outside, what she showed to everyone, was the image of a warrior, a theif, but a strong woman. Inside, she was just broken. And since Regina had been the only there for her all this time, only her could know when something was wrong.

Emma sighed and let the satchel she was holding on the table. "I'm going to see my mother." she declared and did not dare to look at Regina. Her friend did not speak a word because she knew she did not need to question her decision, it would not do any good. She simply put a hand on her friend's shoulder as she kept on packing her small bag that she finally put around her shoulders.

"Be careful." Regina said.

"I will." Emma replied with a smile and took a few steps towards the exit.

"Hey." the dark haired woman stopped her and Emma guessed in only a second why. She walked over to her and gave her a hug.

"I'll be back soon." the blondie added before she left, dissapearing in the forest.

*  *  *

"Captain Jack Sparrow." Emma spoke as she took a few steps, leaving the dark corner of the cabin she was in. The man turned around in a second,

poiting his sword in her direction. "You won't need that, I got no intention of hurting anyone here, or steal anything." she added.

"How did you get aboard my ship?" he asked and put his sword away.

"I have my ways." she said with a smirk. "I need a favor."

"And why should I help you?" he asked as he walked towards her, in his unique way of doing it. Emma put a bag full of coins in his hand. "Well that surely helps."

"I knew it would, Captain." she answered and of course he smiled at the mention of Captain.

"What do you need, milady?" he then asked her.

"All I need is a ride. I need to go Misthaven and I know it's on your way to Tortuga. Just drop me off." she explained.

"Deal." he said and smirked. "But, can I have a name?"

"Swan. Emma Swan." she declared.

"Interresting." he said, which confused Emma. Just at this moment, the door opened.

"Jack, I need to speak with you!" they heard and Emma turned around to face another woman. Both of them stared at each other until the captain spoke up.

"Miss Swann, what a surprise! How can I help?" Jack asked and Emma finally understood his last statement.

"You know exactly why I'm here." she said and of course he knew. She thought her precious Will would be aboard this ship.

* * *

Miss Swann was pacing around the cabin and Emma was sitting on the bed, watching her. They had not said a word, not yet.

"So, why are you here?" the thief asked and the other woman stopped just in front of the window.

"My fiancé is stuck on the ship of the most powerful pirates of all the seas because of Jack. I'm also on the run from royal guards." she explained.

"That makes two of us. My face's om every tree in the forest." Emma said and laughed. "Who's that pirate?"

"Davy Jones." she explained. "You've never heard of him?"

"Well I know a Jones." Emma said and looked down. Killian. It had been so long. "But no, I don't."

"He's Captain of the Flying Dutchman. His ship is the fastest and he has an unbeatable weapon, that's what I heard. He takes sailors on his ship and they need to serve in his crew for a 100 years. That's what happened to Will." she explained. "Why are you here?"

"Just a trip. I need to go to Misthaven." she said. "So, your name is Swann, huh?"

"Elizabeth." she added. "And you?"

"Emma Swan." the blondie replied with a smirk. "There's not a lot of us around here."

Elizabeth turned around and came to sit on the bed next to Emma. "Indeed." she said. "I uh... What was your father's name?"

"Charles. Well, he only gave me the name. He was not really my father." Emma briefly explained.

"What?" Elizabeth asked. She looked really surprised.

"Charles Swan never had a child. And he died a few years ago." she said. "Do you know him? I mean, it looks like you do."

"Weatherby Swann, the Governor, he's my father. He was Charles brother." she started and Emma, who thought about this whole situation as joke suddently lost the smirk on her face. "I don't know why, but after their mother passed away, my dad left them. Charles did something horrible accoarding to him and he never could forgive him. Then, my father added an "n" to his name, to make sure he would not be linked to the rest of his family. He never knew what became of his brother except that he had a child, or thought so." she explained.

"Everyone thought so, it was a secret." Emma declared. "I guess that would have made us cousins." she added.

"It would have." Elizabeth replied and smiled. Emma smiled as well but looked away. She just discovered she had other family and that's one thing she thought would never happen.

Hello! I really hope you liked that chapter! Everything with Pirates of the Caribbean is mostly based on what happens in the second movie :) If you're confused about what's going on because you did not see the movies, just comment and I'll be happy to clear it up for you ;) Also, I might post some backstory chapters so you understand more how the characters from OUAT and POTC are linked.
Please comment what you think of that crossover so far!
• believe__inmagic •