6. village

vil·lage : a small town in the country

* * *

Emma got in town with a basket and the little money she had. She was heading to the market to buy some food. The market was in the middle of town, right where the Moonlight Dance happened two days before. A smile appeared on her face when she remembered her first ever dance.

After buying some bread, eggs and some fruits with the money she had left, she got back home. She had to pass next to the docks to come back to the village. She scanned the boats and noticed thr Jewel of the Realm, but she did not see the lieutenant anywhere near the ship. She shook her head and kept walking, thinking it was foolish to think about Killian that much. Emma kept her head low and her hood hiding a part of her face and walked to the village's entrace. Right at that moment, someone grabbed her arm and she jumped. Her hood fell on her shoulders and she looked up to see Killian leaning on a tree.

"Hi." he said, trying to contain his laugh.

"It wasn't that funny." she replied with a serious look on her face.

"Well, your face was priceless." he said and laughed again.

"Sad I didn't see it." she added with a smirk and then laughed as well. "What are you doing here?"

"I... don't know." he admitted. "Had some time to kill and I just thought about coming to the village, since I never come."

"There's not much to see. Small and old houses and trees everywhere. That's pretty much it." she told him.

"Well it's much calmer than the town. It's also a lot beautiful, in my opinion, and it's not the same people. You people just have something different." Killian explained.

"We're poor, especially me." Emma said with a little laugh. "My mom is waiting for me, I should go." she then added.

"Mind if I walk with you?" he suggested with a little smirk.

"Sure. Come." she smiled and they got started to walk on the small path in the middle of the forest. For a little while, not a word was said. Killian was looking all around at the trees or the small market that wasn't so far. Emma got lost in her thoughts for a moment, until Killian dragged her out of there.

"So, the other night at the dance... It was your parents?" he asked and she looked up.

"Yeah. It's a long story. I'm sorry for leaving like that." she admitted and then looked at the ground. She still felt bad and knew she had ruined such a beautiful night.

"It's alright. I wasn't in the best terms with my parents either. Not with my dad." Killian confessed. "I haven't talked to him in years."

"Long story?" she guessed.

"Yeah." he replied. "So, do you live far from here?" he then asked to change the subject he wished he had not brought up.

"Not so far. See, that's the Lucas' cottage, we're almost there." Emma answered and pointed Red's home.

"You can smell the pastries from here." Killian noticed.

"It always smells good in that house." Emma said with a little laugh. "Are you leaving soon? Like on a mission or... I don't know hoe you call it."

"Yeah." he chuckled. "In a few days. We'll be gone for around a week, maybe more if something goes wrong." he explained. "We'll probably have another mission right when we come back. We rarely get a lot of days off like now."

"You like it?" she asked him.

"I love it. I love the sea." he said, being the most sincere.

"I've never been on a boat. Well... except when we met, but... you understand what I mean!" she replied.

"Really?" he seemed surprised. "Then I shall take you someday." he said and she smiled.

"Oh, there's my house. Uh, do you want to come in? It's not much..." she said and glared at the little cabin that was her home.

"If you don't mind." he said.

They both got inside as Mary Margaret came into the kitchen.

"Emma, you're back- Oh, hi!" she said as she noticed the man dressed in a navy uniform standing behind her daughter. She remembered him from the dance.

"Mom, this is Killian Jones and Killian, this is my mom, Mary Margaret." Emma introduced, a little shyly. It occured to Emma at this moment that it was the first time she brought a man in the house.

"Hi, Killian, nice to meet you." Mary Margaret said with a smile.

"Nice to meet you as well." he replied with a smile. Emma looked at both of them for a while, trying to find something to fill the silence.

"Well, I just came to drop this off." she said and put the basket on the table. "I'll be back for dinner." she told her mom. She indicated to Killian with a move of her hand that they should leave and he followed her outside.

"Bye!" they heard Mary Margaret say as she closed the door.

"Well, that was quick." Killian pointed out.

"Uh, yeah, sorry about that... I have something to show you, come on!" she said and got back on the small forest path that she'd walked on so often, Killian by her side.

Hey! Sorry it's been a little longer! I really hope you liked the chapter :)
ElodieBLT Boomp.
• believe__inmagic •