21. tale

tale : a story about someone's actual experiences

* * *

The wind passed threw her hair and the smell of the salty sea was all around. If she closed her eyes, she could easily throw herself back to a beautiful memory she had, her first aboard a vessel.

She opened her eyes and looked at her hands. After all these years, she still wore the ring, the one he gave her. But she wore it to remember herself that she could not trust anyone.

"Emma Swan." someone spoke up and she turned around in a second, hiding her hand in her cloak. "I knew I heard that name somewhere."

"Maybe because the king has been looking for me and my friend for years." Emma replied to the Captain.

"No, no. I'm talking about a much more sad tale." Jack corrected. "The story about how a certain Captain Jones became a heartless pirate. Or should I say Captain Hook? No one calls him Jones these days, huh?"

"How do you know about that?" Emma asked and bit her lip. "No one knows."

"Oh, don't worry, blondie. I'll keep it a secret. I just happened to come across a very drunk Captain a few years ago. We have something in common, rum." he said as he grabbed his flask and lifted it in the air before drinking from it. "Want some?" he then asked.

"No, thanks." she replied. "What do you know about him and me?"

"That you were his first love, of course! When he was a sailor in the royal navy." he added and showed disgust, obviously. Pirates and royal navy were never a good match. "And that he lost his brother, which turned him into a pirate, but not as terrible as he is today, no." Jack told and kept on making his different gestures. "It's not until you left him because he had become a pirate and killed innocent men, in your opinion that he became one of the worst pirates on the high seas." he added. "And yet, you're not on the ship of another pirate, how strange?" Emma simply did not reply. "And how about that woman after. I can't seem to remember her name. She's the reason he got the hook and he got the famous name."

"Milah." Emma replied and Jack grinned. He knew he had just touched a sensible cord.

"Ah, right, Milah! I see you've heard stories too..." he said.

"I also spend some time in taverns." she briefly explained.

*  *  *

The Jolly Roger had just gained another sailor. William Turner had been rescued from the sea and was having a private talk with the Captain.

"You should head to the nearest land," Will started. "I've doomed us all. There's a ship coming after us, but it can't reach us on land."

"And what ship might that be?" Hook replied as he got out if his chair and looked at his shiny hook.

"The Flying Dutchman." Will declared and the captain laughed.

"You escaped from Davy Jones' ship? That's a first! Well don't worry, dear old Jones will not unleash the Kraken on this ship for sure."

"How can you be sure?" Will asked as e got up as well. "This man has no mercy."

"Davy and I go way back." Hook declared.

"Then I bet you know about the Dead Man's Chest."

"Of course I do! His only weakness."

"In that case, I need your help." Will said and took the key from his pocket. Killian Jones was very much surprised to see that this man had found the one thing that could end Davy Jones, or well, half of it.

"I guess you are now looking for the chest?" Hook asked.

"Aye." William replied. The captain walked over to the door and opened it. "Smee!" he yelled. "We have a new heading!"

"Yes, captain?" the small man replied.

"We set sail to Isla Cruces." Captain Hook ordered with a grin.

* * *

Emma finaly walked on land. She did not really know where she was going. In ten years, she never came to visit her parents, not once. She always walked away from the idea, but not this once.

First, she needed to leave the port. Head hung low, she walked fast and finally found herself in the forest. It felt much more like home and she sighed. She was definitively not made for the sea. The green color of the trees and the smell of the forest felt better.

However, as she started to walk on a path, leading to a village near accoarding to a little sign she had just passed by, she felt a sudden pain behind her head. She heard laughs, but did not have time to turn around. Her eyes closed and she fell on the ground.

Cliffhanger haha :p I forgot to mention it in the last chapter, but Misthaven would be, in this story, a part of the Enchanted Forest, like a realm in it, where Mary Margaret and David went to live.
Now, some of you may be confused about that whole Davy Jones thing and Dead Man's Chest and stuff, so in the next chapter, I'll make a resume of everything you need to know to understand, so mostly what happens in the first movie and the beginning of the second and who are the characters ;) After that, if you have any questions, just ask!
I've got tons of ideas for this, I just thought of maybe doing something with the Underworld/Davy Jones' locker later in the story, we'll see ;) I really hope you liked it! I'll try to post the next chapters soon :)
(Sorry that was long😂)
• believe__inmagic •