30. history

history : events of the past

*  *  *

"H-How can you do that, show up here? How are you even in this realm? I don't understand! No one knows, you can't just show up here and-" Emma started saying. She was about to scream, but she didn't want anyone to know.

"Emma, calm down." he replied.

"I can't, Baelfire!" she replied a little louder.

"Just calm down, I'll explain." he answered and tried placing a hand on her shoulder but Emma took a step back.

He was her secret, the one she never told to anyone, not even Regina. In the year she was gone, they had fell in love. He was a theif as well, he stole to survive so they started helping each other. Baelfire had left his home at quite a young age because of his father. He did not tell a lot about his past, but he kept on saying that magic was a bad thing, that no one should use it. Emma kept on asking him questions, but she got very few answers.

Eventually, they had a pretty intense now and after Emma started puking quite frequently and a bump started to appear underneath her clothes, they both understood. But Emma could not live with a child. She could not raise a child in her way of living, it was too dangerous, she was not meant to be a mother. Baelfire didn't say much, he tried to calm her down most of the times and told her they'd find a solution. They started arguing more and more. One seemed to want to keep the baby, the other could not, it did not work anymore. The day came and Emma gave birth to a boy. Exhausted, she fell asleep just after her labour. When she woke up, all she got was a note.

I left with him to a better place,
a place without magic.
Go back to the life you thought
was so much better,
but be sure I'll never forget you,
and I hope you won't forget me either.
- Bae

Tears started to roll down her face. Maybe she would have like to really see her child, to really make her decision, but he left her, without many indications. He abandonned her and took her child, but maybe it was for the best. She could go back to her kingdom and be the wanted thief she was, working with Regina.

"Henry-" he could only say a word before she stopped him.

"Henry? Is that how you named him?" she asked.

"Yes." he replied and she gave him a small smile before moving her gaze to the ground.

"He started to get interested in fairy tales, in stories involving magic. He loved them, believed in them even if I told him they were not truw and his friends too, but he really believed in everything. He especially loved the Peter Pan story, which was kind of strange, given the fact that as you know, I spent some time in Neverland. One night, the shadow showed up at his window. And it did for a week until, it took him." he said and she could see the pain in his eyes. Henry had been his son for years, Emma did not know him. "I kept a been for an eventual crisis, so I came back myself. I know I can't go back to Neverland alone, so I need you help."

"My help? I-He doesn't know me, I don't know anything about Neverland!"   Emma replied.

"Well you have great fighting skills and even if you won't admit it, you're his mother." Bae told her. "Maybe, when we get back, since we're here, he'd like to know more about where he comes from."

"But how are you going to get to Neverland? It's another realm and-"

"I've got a plan, don't worry. Please Emma, help me."

"Just... let me tell everything to Regina first. Then I'll come." she accepted.

"Thank you, thank you, Emma!" he said as a smile grew on his face.

* * *

Telling Regina had not been really easy, but she took it better than Emma would think. Regina wasn't that much happy about the not telling but still supported her friend.

"I'm coming with you." Regina declared.

"What? No, you don't have to-"

"You're my best friend and you already just almost died, I won't let you this time." Regina replied and Emma smiled before pulling her into a hug.

"Thank you." she said.

"What are we doing? Who's the man at the door?" Robin asked as he entered the tree trunk who actually didn't really have a door.

"We're going to save Emma's child, are you coming with us?" Regina asked, like it was the most normal thing in the world.

"Emma's child? Y-You have a child?" he asked, really seemed lost and he was right to be.

"I'll explain on the way." Emma asked. "And the guy at the door is the father."

"If she's going, I'm going. I came with Little John, just let me find him. He'll take care of the merry man while I'm gone." Robin explained.

"Actually we should leave tomorrow. It's going to be dark soon. Go talk to your... well whoever he is to you." Regina said as she turned to Emma.

*  *  *

"Actually, now's the best time to leave, at dark." Baelfire told Emma.

"Why?"

"I need to talk to someone and I know I'll find him in the tavern tonight."

Hey guys! The next updates should come a little faster now that I really have time. I'm also leaving for Florida (Disney and Universal Studios yaaaaas :3) on the 3rd and I'll have 2 days of car to do, so there will be a lot of writing ;) I hope you like the idea and you still like the story ;)
Please comment xx
• believe__inmagic •