26. heal

heal : to become healthy or well again

*  *  *

"Hey, Captain." Will said when Killian arrived. "She's fine, Elizabeth's with her."

"She is?" he asked as he let out a sigh of relief.

"Yes. Just not awake yet." he explained. "And I'm sorry for bringing you into this and for her to-"

"Aye, it's- Nevermind, it is fine." Killian said as he shook his head and turned away to walk inside. The doctor simply nodded and Killian looked at the door, letting out a sigh before going in.

Elizabeth turned her eyes away from the blonde to look at who was entering and as she thought, it was the Captain.

"Hey, she's still sleeping." she told him, but he was not looking at her. His gaze was focused on Emma. "I can leave you alone if you'd like." she added.

"Uh, yes, please.." he mumbled. She got up and looked at Emma once more before she left. Killian interrupted her before she could leave the room.

"Thank you for what you've done." he declared with the most sincerity.

"It was the right thing to do." she replied with a smile.

Killian sat on the small stood next to the bed. She looked so peaceful but yet so fragile and he hesitated before putting his hand on her head. He started to stroke her hair like he used to do with her, a really long time ago. Looking at her injured, but alive, made him think about Milah. She never had a chance, she died in a second, but what would have happened if she was still there? He had loved her with all his heart, but now that he had seen Emma again, he felt the difference. His feelings towards Emma persisted towards the hatred and the time and he knew that it was something powerful. But what he had with Milah... He was lost.

His eyes scanned her whole body and stopped at her lips ; he froze. He could not do that, could he? However, before he could make another move, he saw her beautiful green eyes once more which brought a smile to his face.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" he asked and started to stroke her hair again.

"O-Okay..." she mumbled.

"I told you you'd be fine." Killian spoke as he sighed of relief. She looked away and took a little moment before replying.

"I still hate you." she declared on a cold tone. He slowly moved his hand away from her head and looked at the ground.

"I know." he sighed.

Neither of them really knew what to say, which created a silence that persisted for a while, until Killian decided to change the subject.

"Elizabeth was there. Maybe I should get her?"

"Uh, yeah..." she said.

He got up and gave her one last glance before he turned away and walked to the door.

"Killian?" she said before he could leave.

"Yes?"

"Thank you for not letting me die." she declared which made a little smile appear on his face that she did not see because she closed her eyes.

Sorry it's a short chapter once more :$ I hope you're still liking the story :)
• believe__inmagic •