18. true

true : real or genuine

* * *

Emma left the boat, now a pirate ship and promised Killian she would come back two days later. The truth was that as much she wanted to help him after what he had just been through, he would just push her away. Everything he now felt was anger.

He left with his crew and Emma found her way back to the tree trunk, where Regina was waiting for her.

"Well you don't seem happy." Regina said. "And I wasn't expecting you'd come back this soon."

"Yeah, well..." she sighed and sat on the small bench.

"Are you two still together?" she then asked.

"We are. It's just-" she stopped and closed her eyes. "Liam, his brother... he... he died."

Regina's eyes became round as marbles as Emma told the really sad news. The blondie then explained everything that happened next, Killian's reactions and how bad she felt, because she was powerless in the situation. The only thing that she could do to change the situation for Killian was to bring his brother back to life and no one had such powers.

Finally, Emma decided to go walk around the forest. Cloack on her back and hood over her head, she walked through different paths and found herself in her village, near her old house. Oh, how she wished she had her mother at the time. Only her always knew what to do. She only let a tear fall that she quickly wiped off before leaving the place. She passed next to Ruby and Granny's cottage. Emma hesitated for a moment, thinking about what she had told Peter before but turned away and left.

*  *  *

Emma waited at the docks, hoping Killian would show up. She did not see the boat anywhere, making her worried and afraid. She also started to doubt. Would he come? Was it risky, now, for a pirate?

Pirate. She had to admit she really did not like it, but then again, she was a thief. However, she always had been. She always did it to survive. Killian, on the other side, it just was not him. Killian Jones and Captain Jones were two different persons in Emma's mind.

Suddently, someone grabbed her hand from behind and she jumped, but knew it was Killian. When she turned around and looked up to see his face, in the dark night, she put her hand on his chest and felt the thick leather coat on her skin. Her eyes scanned him from head to toe. He looked different. They both looked very different from what they were when they met.

"Emma..." he sighed as he wrapped her in his arms and she let her head rest on his chest.

"I'm sorry I left, I know you needed someone." she then said. He simply held her thighter in his arms.

"It's fine." he replied. "I think we both needed time." he then pulled away and looked into her eyes. She intertwined his fingers with hers and grinned. "I missed that smile." he declared before leaning closer and pressing his lips on hers. That, she really had missed. At this moment, with just him, she really felt like he was the one she fell in love with.

When they pulled away she brought her hand to his cheek. He took a deep breath. She knew he was hurt and it was so hard to see that desperate look in his eye.

"Are you okay?" she asked him and she knew he would not lie. He needed to be sad, not just angry, not just trying to take his revenge. He needed to feel it and to let it out.

"Remember how you told me I was the only one you had left?" he asked her and she nodded. "Well you are the only one I have left. And I don't want to lose you. I can't lose you."

Hii! I'm so sorry it was a slow update and the chapter is short and it sucks :( I've been quite busy this past week and there's been other things :$
Check out my new fanfic called Home? :3

• believe__inmagic •