27. confession

confession : : a written or spoken statement in which you say that you have done something wrong or committed a crime / the act of telling people something that makes you embarrassed, ashamed, etc.

* * *

"Yes, I'm fine. I'm leaving." Emma was arguing with Killian. Even if her wound had healed, he wanted to make sure that she was alright, saying it was because he felt responsible for what happened to her, which was only half the truth. There was still that feeling that he could not shake and he hated it, but he was stuck with it.

"But-" he started, but she cut him off.

"There's no but. I'm leaving and never seeing you again like I should have. You go back to your life and I go back to mine, simple." she said. "I've got people I need to see." Emma added as she left the small hut in which she had been taken care of the last few days. "You should just forget all that just happened. That's what I'll do."

He followed her outside and after hearing his footsteps coming towards her, she stopped and sighed.

"I also told you I still hate you. And I almost died because of you." the blonde added.

"You thanked me for not letting you die." he declared.

"Never would have happened if I had not been in a life threatening situation in the first place." she snapped and he was silenced for a moment. Yes, I know. It's my fault, he thought.

"Look, Emma, just... be careful." he told with sincerity.

"I'll try not to get in the way of someone's pirate father." she joked and he gave her a look that did not only mean that he was alone, he wanted her to know it was serious buisness. "I will." she replied on a more serious tone, before turning on her heels and leaving, not taking the time to say goodbye to Elizabeth. It haunted her for a while as she walked through the forest, since she had just left a part of her small family. However, she had to get to some people closer to her. Mom and dad.

* * *

Emma stood near the house of her parents for a while, until she decided to turn back. Almost dying and seeing Killian again had been a lot, she did not know if she could take some more and what she was about to do was a big step.

She spotted a tavern not so far and stole a little money from an old man on her way. She sat at a table, far from the others and ordered rum. After the waiter left, she laughed. Rum. What is happening to me?

She drank, looked around and got lost in her thoughts, that always seemed to go back to Killian. Get over with it! But she couldn't. After falling in love with him, getting hurt and then almost dying but being saved by the same man... she could just not erase him from her thoughts.

Killian, I hate you. I really do.

In the crowd of people talking and laughing, a woman walked towards her table, that she soon replaced. It was Elizabeth.

"What are you doing here? You didn't even tell us you left! Are you okay?" Elizabeth asked as she sat in front of her cousin.

"Yeah, I am. What are you doing here?" Emma replied and took another sip of the beverage.

"Needed a drink. Will and I need to figure out what to do next and... nevermind." she started saying.

"Can't go back to your kingdom because they're looking for you?" Emma asked and pushed the glass towards her cousin.

"Yeah..." she sighed.

"Well it's not that bad. Except, I've been living in a tree trunk for, over a decade, but I've got some company. You get used to it at some point." she declare and shrugged her shoulders.

"Well it does sound bad for a woman who lived in a castle all her life."

"And who became a pirate, right?" Emma asked with a smirk. "Sorry, it's just that I normally hate royalty, which is not the case for you, but you don't seem to love fancy dresses and hate the poor so..."

"Yeah, well... I don't know, maybe I am a pirate." she replied. "Talking about pirates, what's the deal with you and Hook?"

Emma sighed and grabbed the drink. "Ten years ago I fell in love with him. He was in the royal navy, I was just a poor villager. His brother died, he changed, became a pirate, killed people and so I let him go. Long story short." she explained.

"The... wait, you? I thought there was that one he lost his hand for." Elizabeth stated.

"That was Milah. And there was probably tons of other one night stands." she added.

"And what about you?" Elizabeth asked.

"What?"

"Have you ever loved someone else?"

"No." she lied.

Again, sorry... It's kinda crazy right now with school almost over, music, work and yeah... I'm kinda dying so I don't have much time to write xd
I'm also in need of ideas :') I'll try to come up with a better chapter ;)
• believe__inmagic •